E3

Or could it be that we are in fact getting old
I keep trying to get excited about getting a console, but once I have a look at the available games, I find only 1 to 3 games per console that I would like.

Actually, there are at least 15 games I want on the 360, but almost all of them are available for my PC. So, I decided that it would be stupid to get a console for a couple of games while there are plenty of games I want for my PC.

I want a fairly scary (not necessarily terrifying) first person castle/dungeon game in 3D with cutting edge graphics. The graphics should be you walking through a photo-realistic castle or something.

I was really hoping for new IPs, didn't see too many of those.

Lack of fresh new titles, only sequels, spin offs, and Idontgivea**** motion games.

sigh yep :(

this e3 for me at least has highlighted how dull and unimaginative the games industry can be. Let's all copy the wii! Lets all do 3D! (even tho i am impressed by the 3ds so far and i am not a ninty fan typically).

and then there's this:

showimage.php

At first I found that pic funny but its true! Look how many similar FPS are coming out, they're all the bloody same! :

halo reach
gears of war 3 (not FPS but still kinda similar for my point)
killzone 3
resistance 3 (not announced but inevitable)
call of duty black ops
crysis 2
fear 3
medal of honor

facepalm.jpg

I feel like i'm stating the obvious now to some people but wow, games industry sucks. What happened to my favourite past time? :(

i dont have a wii and am not really a fan of nintendo. I'm so jealous of you ninty fans cos of how well your E3 went :p

Altho yea i'd consider getting a 3DS i'll admit

I LOVED MY PS1!! :D

I blame the xbox generation! :flame:

*leers at 360*

if it weren't for mass effect i'd be throwing you out of a window about now! :flame:

At first I found that pic funny but its true! Look how many similar FPS are coming out, they're all the bloody same! :

halo reach
gears of war 3 (not FPS but still kinda similar for my point)
killzone 3
resistance 3 (not announced but inevitable)
call of duty black ops
crysis 2
fear 3
medal of honor

What's the similarity? That they're all fps's? I mean, some of them are similar, like CoD and MoH, but Halo is much more arcady than the others. And I'm also not really sure why you put GoW in that list since it isn't really similar to the other titles.

Already did it. Bought them both on Steam for a sweet song. Just got ME2 this weekend for $24!! LOVE STEAM!!!

I buy it from EA store for $32 not even two weeks ago and then the deluxe edition is $33 on Steam... I am the fail incarnate.

What's the similarity? That they're all fps's? I mean, some of them are similar, like CoD and MoH, but Halo is much more arcady than the others. And I'm also not really sure why you put GoW in that list since it isn't really similar to the other titles.

They all to me seem like action games with not that much depth to them about space marines/soldiers in modern combat. I'm just becoming apathetic now really i guess.

All the games now for me are blurring together :|

Ugh when are they going to stop making Halo games!

They were also stopping after ODST, as I recall. ;)

Untill other fps start giving us combat that gets close to Halo I hope the series doesn't die :p

They were also stopping after ODST, as I recall. ;)

nope, reach has been in development since halo 3 shipped. ODST was started afterwards and, as a shorter game using the halo 3 engine/sandbox, was completed before but is still in a way the last bungie halo game... if you follow.

nope, reach has been in development since halo 3 shipped. ODST was started afterwards and, as a shorter game using the halo 3 engine/sandbox, was completed before but is still in a way the last bungie halo game... if you follow.
ActiBungie?

?

what of the acti-bungie developments?

Don't even joke about that - i'd rather take a hammer to the 360 than that.

Halo Hero: Legends of Reach

World of Halocraft: Wrath of the Gravemind

Halo Hawk: Project 343 Guilty Spark

:3

I just watched the Miyamoto Zelda presentation (I only caught a YT trailer) and it looks amazing. I thought TP was boring because of the wolf, but this seems 100x better.

ps-plus-screen-rm-eng.jpg

At last, the first post-E3 firmware update for the PlayStation 3, and as you might've suspected, this one's got PlayStation Plus packed into the mix. We've talked about the service a bit so far, but to recap, $50 annual nets you a 50 percent discount on PSN titles, early access to betas, and one hour of demo time on select full titles (among other benefits). If you're not willing to shell out the Ulysses S Grant, however, however, there's a few other treats in the software patch, including five-star ratings for content purchased on the Store, video editor and uploader for Facebook and YouTube (note: not a video capture service, gotta use what the HDD already has), and expanded integration into Picasa and Facebook photo galleries. Speaking of Facebook, a new app will appear on the social site for showing off your PSN profile and befriending others. As usual, no exact date for the firmware is given, but if history's any indication, it won't be very long at all.

Update: We just checked our consoles and, sure enough, the update is live. We're downloading now and will let you know if there's anything peculiar.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/28/playstation-plus-coming-soon-via-ps3-firmware-3-40/

can't find the PS3 thread for this, so this is fitting

Ha, I like how you interpret there thoughts as "Goddamnet, I ****ing hate wolves."

I interpreted their thoughts as them finding that playing as a wolf in TP was boring, so they would probably find playing as a wolf with similar gameplay for 30 hours or more in Okami to also be boring.

I finished Okami and couldn't even get a few hours into Twilight Princess, so uhh.

Yeah, I loved Okami but really disliked playing the wolf parts of TP. Weird, but I guess in a Zelda game I really want to focus at Link and also in Okami I knew I was playing a wolf with awesome and unique art stylings, so it was different and better. I am very excited for a more back-to-basics Zelda.

Back