earthquake??

[Matt]

Reaction score
Holycrap i think i just felt an earthquake! In the UK!!!

f**k me mate, im from sheffield!! That was so scary! seriously, for england, that was big!!

Im getting people in IRC saying they felt that as far away as suffolk!

Manchester here, I just felt it. Lasted about 10 seconds, everything wobbling like mad.

The last time I felt anything like that was about 25 years ago.

Weird feeling, you can imagine what a big one feels like....

woah, my house rocked really bad...considering it's in England!

tremor?? Here in Sheffield my sodding DVD shelf emptied its contents onto the floor and a cup broke on the floor in the kitchen...

I'm in Edinburgh. Didn't feel a thing.

We felt it in Reading, sat on the sofa watching Shaun of the dead, although apparently according to the sensor network we didn't feel a thing :)

The sofa rocked for about 10 seconds, pretty hard, enough to see it moving :O

We had no earthquakes in the real world... (by which I mean Canada.)

:)

1204076141297zy2.png

Hmmm, i don't know about an earthquake but i was just doing some really heavy deadlifting.

Eh, we never get earthquakes, although there is a predicted one that is supposed to come along, but it never does.

It reminds me of this time I was at my grandma's house a long time ago, and there was an earthquake in the middle of the night. Everyone got up, except for my grandpa. He just stayed in bed and was saying "Go back to sleep, it's just an earthquake."

He was lazy. But..

Didn't notice it. Shaking is fairly normal in our house. /care

@The Monkey - <insert Chuck Norris joke here>

I know.. I'm tired of them, too. There just isn't any tough guys anymore to make jokes about..

Better hope wasdy or kathaksung doesn't get wind of this, or otherwise you'll never hear the end of it how the Illuminati has the technology to generate earthquakes at a moments whim. :O

seems local seismometers rated it at 5.2 which makes it the biggest quake in the uk for 25 years...

I'm in London and I'm SURE I felt something. I thought it was a plane going overhead really low.

Lol.

I thought it was the alcohol at first. Then I thought it was someone rocking the bed. Then I realised I wasn't in bed at all, and then took about 30 seconds to realise what it was.

:p

Bah, Widnes sucks, never felt a thing even though that map says there was quite a few nearby. Perhaps I did feel it but put it down the the planes Revving up at John Lennon Airport, quite a bit away but you canstill feel and hear them.

Gentlemen, Cloverfield has arrived.

Bah, Widnes sucks, never felt a thing even though that map says there was quite a few nearby. Perhaps I did feel it but put it down the the planes Revving up at John Lennon Airport, quite a bit away but you canstill feel and hear them.

Hot dickings you're alive!

Hi, I could simply say that we had an Eathquake, but my head has been spinning for the past few days I didn't know for sure.

The only indication that my bedroom was moving was my telescope was squeaking and banging against the wall.

I live in Lancashire and I thought it was a local timid tremor, didn't realise it was a 5.2

I slept through it.

By coincidence, there is an converted airbase half a kilometer west from the epicenter

*cough*Underground explosion*cough*

I KNEW i felt an earthquake last night, at like 1am or something, my whole bed started shaking for about 10 seconds and i was reading my book.

Cheltenham here.

When I realised what it was, it was pretty freaky. The couple of pints hadn't helped my perception that the earth was crumbling.

I cannot believe nearly the whole of England felt it, despite a mixture of soil and rock types, I thought it would dampen its progress

I wondering if the animals felt it before it happnened?

Well im REALLY surprised people in the South West felt it, but BBC News 24 said it was 4.7, BBC One said it was a 5.2...which is it :S

Anyway, im sure we'll be getting further tremors soon, but only felt by people nearer to the epicentre.

Wow, my 2nd earthquake, awesome. To be honest though, I was scared for those 10 or so seconds as I didnt really know what was happening...

Manchester here, didn't feel a thing :(

That's surprising, because I hear some people did, and you're much closer to the epicenter than here in Cambridge and I felt it.

Maybe you were asleep :p

Back