easter egg ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the 4mb clip that someone posted, and i'm pretty sure it's a guy... and he definately moves.

It would be cool if you knock the bin over the kid is found and taken away, then you find out later that if you didnt knock it over he wouldnt have been caught and helps you out...

well its official!
when i get HL2 and am going through that level the first thing i will do is go check that trash can :LOL:

StardogChampion said:
I just watched the 4mb clip that someone posted, and i'm pretty sure it's a guy... and he definately moves.

You think he moves because of a reflection and a white object appearing in the corner of the bin that looks like a shoulder. Its nothing more than a trick of the eye.

PLEASE LOOK AT MY PICTURE..........

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7149
*50'th time today, lol*

I'm positive that the 'hand' is a reflective (bottle?) object, and the face is just some random bits of paper. But I guess we'll see when the binks are out, won't we?

Teh truth is out there!

Dr. Freeman said:
well its official!
when i get HL2 and am going through that level the first thing i will do is go check that trash can :LOL:
Do you already know the name of that level? It's probably something like: a1b2

fenric agrees with me.

And by the way...I get off on making people mad online. Dance puppets DANCE!!!

Bicka, your picture is from far away; when Gordon gets closer it becomes more apparant that it's a person. In fact, as it leaves the field of view, I can even make out his arm and hands, which move in a fashion very unlike the way wine bottles move about in a garbage can.

Damnit how much longer till this game comes out??? Early September, right??!!?

It really looks like a face to me. To show similarities, I've pasted the head of the Gman next to it. Now I'm not saying it IS the Gman but it certainly looks like a human head and a hand that makes the ssshhh motion... (and it seems his other hand just holds on to the edge of the bin)

Attachments

• lookslikeafacetome.jpg
    lookslikeafacetome.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 333
Its probably a box with a face on it, like G-Man Cornflaks or something.

Lol to far away? What does it matter it doesn't show any features of a face unless the said face was green with a bloody white label smacked on their forehead....

urseus said:
Its probably a box with a face on it, like G-Man Cornflaks or something.

LOL... It is the original retail box of HL2, symbolic of the leaked code, thrown to the garbage, "hushing" all those who pass.

Or maybe it's like a glory hole.

IT'S A GORDON FREEMAN'S FACE ON A MILK CARTON!!!!!!! :dork: :D :D

OMG! There is someone in there*
*May not be true

Attachments

• whiteforehead.jpg
    whiteforehead.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 366
I remain sceptical...if I look around my room at night in the darkness I can see plenty of face like things...

Rygir said:
I remain sceptical...if I look around my room at night in the darkness I can see plenty of face like things...

You sure that aint just the candyman playing games with you?

yeh,, I think we need to wait for the binks to find the easter egg. But you'll probably find in the bink video of the train station, that thats nothing but a picture or junk, patterned to make you think you saw a face, or a duck.. LOL

Looks like an animated sprite to me, doesn't look too 3D to me. But it does look like a face...I only know of one guy who puts his finger to his lip...

DR. EVIL

Except this one has hair and glasses.

Fenric said:
Someone at Valve's been watching Ju-on and decided to put creepy faces where you don't expect them :D

it is pretty creepy, like seeing a photo of a ghost.
whats Ju-on?

bodhi said:
i hope all the duck talk hasnt fried my brain but it looks to me that there is a white duck shape at the bottom of the picture...or am i just going mental?

You had to point that out to me didnt you lol :s

(Is it me or is the website slow)

And those pics show the same thing that my enhanced piccy did....shame, if peeps had just looked at my pic this woulda been over ages ago.

Bicka said:
ROFL I love these threads! Especially when you see the picture where its supposed to be Gordon and its just a blurry mess of black and blue!
but if u watch the video u can see there is a man who moves his hand, sat inside the bin

yah, u see something moving in there. I still say there could be a guy in there. Maybe its just my imagination. but still, something does move in there...

I think it's just some kind of gloom. It looks weird, but there's nobody in there :)

mutt said:
but if u watch the video u can see there is a man who moves his hand, sat inside the bin

If you watch the video then yeah...thats your brain playing tricks.

If you stop the vid and enhance one of the frames (I'm not going to link to my piccy again, its back a few pages) then you'll see theres nothing there but a bottle of something with a white label.

The hand you see moving is either the reflective surface near the front of the bin or your talking about the bit that appears later, which is just because Gordon has moved upclose.

Its all in your mind believe me.

COMON I can totally see a guy with his finger over his mouth saying "SHH SHH" and then pulling the finger away just look closer and replay it alot...

Well hows about you just look at my picture and realise your seeing a ssh'ing bottle instead.....

klown said:
COMON I can totally see a guy with his finger over his mouth saying "SHH SHH" and then pulling the finger away just look closer and replay it alot...

if valve were to really do an easter egg like this i'm pretty sure they'd put more effort into it than creating some blurry super midget stuck in a trash can that no one in their right mind would fit into in the first place.

At first I too thought it was a guy. My imagination had created a man with red hair, yellow low-sitting glasses and a lab coat... the reality however is that it's trash in a can, with light/object reflection and possibly even Gordon's face (but I highly doubt it) on the edge of the lid.

Here's something I whipped up to back up my claim...

garbagecan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back