Easteregg- HL? revisited.

W4d5Y

Reaction score
Why, hello there!

I just was looking through a media library of a german coop-mod, and there were levels from a whole bunch of games, like Minerva or ep1 in comparison, and it stunned me see two screenshots, that made me suspicious about the possibility that within ep1, a place from hl2 actually was revisited, op4/addon-style!

Compare this one:
http://hl2cp.deltaforceteam.de/gallery.php?action=viewImage&image_id=19
and this one:
http://hl2cp.deltaforceteam.de/gallery.php?action=viewImage&image_id=7
you might notice that these two roads are exactly the same. Maybe it is surprising how a lot of debris is lacked by one, while the other one has it, or how on earth a whole overwatch tower could disappear from the scene and a make-shift bridge could be built in the middle of a frikkin war zone in the meantime,
but maybe one of the mappers just used the basic geometry of the old hl2-street level and reused it for ep1? :O

It isn't the same street; there's numerous differences in terms of architecture. What's more the Citadel is an entirely different place, so I don't know how anyone could believe it was the same street. Pretty logical to assume they used the old one as a template though.

It looks like hte same street, but seen from opposite ends of the street...which doesnt make sense, since the Citadel is in the nearly same place...

It seems more plausable that the street was used as a template rather than there being an ingame connection.

Regardless of whether or not it is the same street, which it doesn't seem to be, it's quite possibly the best before/after contrast of the explosion I've ever seen.

Care to go further? There were several videos, and many cool things in them...

Same street, just a little down the road.. *USes binocs and spots a a million alike houses*

Whatever happened to the easter egg in the HL2 E3 video?

They released the E3 video containign everything at one point. Gabe said that there was an easter egg in the video. No one ever found and confirmed it. This was the low-quality video with people making jokes in the background.

I see what you mean but I doubt that it's anything more than two sloped streets which look similar

I can't see where they look the same? Where are you looking?

The same building layouts, just reversed...

The screenshots are flipped; not a good example. Go into the games and you'll see for yourself.

Me, I noticed this some time ago, the whole Citadel position change went unnoticed, as I really thought it was the same street.

Hey nice detective work... and also a rather funny error IMO.

Back