Editing weapon attributes

Reaction score
I need help to figure out how to modify weapon attributes like accuracy, range and rate of fire in Half-Life 2 and the episodes. I've checked the scripts, but they only seem to allow me to modify things like model, sounds, HUD name and icons, magazine capacity and ammo type. Weapon damage and total ammo carrying capacity can be modified in skill.cfg, but that still leaves accuracy and range which are most interesting of all to me (I want to make the Pulse Rifle deserving of the word 'rifle', for a start), but damn it all I can't find where that information is stored. :(

I've looked in all of the GCF files, and I don't think I would've missed any weapons-related stuff unless it's well hidden. I've also searched the net, the VDC and this forum for information on editing weapons, but I haven't found anything particularly helpful yet. (Although, I admit, my search wasn't exactly thorough)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

P.S. In the skill.cfg, there seems to be only one health value for each entity, if this is the base value, which difficulty does it apply to (easy, or normal?) and what's the modifier for each level of increased difficulty?

P.P.S. I'd also like to know how things like *how many rounds are contained within an ammo box at each level of difficulty* can be edited. I would've thought that information would be in skill.cfg, but alas no.

Back