Eidos - Steam Connection Confirmed

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
This i big news, so i'll just give you the entire news from Steam.[br]
Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, and Valve? today announce an agreement to deliver dozens of new and best-selling PC titles via Steam.[br]This first agreement includes complete franchise sets of classics such as Tomb Raider, Commandos, and many of the Hitman titles. In addition, Eidos is bringing some of this year's most highly anticipated releases to Steam, including Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Championship Manager 2007, and more.[br]"For over 10 years, Eidos has been a leading publisher on every major gaming platform," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Offering legendary action franchises in complete sets and working with Eidos to deliver new releases is a great step forward in our efforts to expand Steam's offerings, and to do so in ways that provide highest value to customers."[br]Arriving today, the first wave of Eidos titles available to Steam gamers around the world includes many of the Hitman titles, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, and the entire Commandos series. Pricing information is available at Steamgames.com, and news of additional Eidos games heading to Steam will be announced in the coming weeks.[br]"Eidos is delighted to add Steam to our extensive digital distribution network. Steam represents an opportunity to distribute our games electronically to millions of gamers around the world," said Tom Marx, Senior Business Development Manager: New Media at Eidos. "It also provides us a direct connection to these extremely active PC influencers who frequent Steam as a source for new content and information. As a result of being a spotlight feature on Steam this year, we expect to see sales of Tomb Raider: Anniversary benefit across all channels."
[br]Another major company joins with Steam. Good or bad, what do you think?[br]Link

Evo, we both have a reason to be :naughty:
Good to see Steam really picking up.

MEH :| Tomb Raider....Hitman....what else? :|

I'd like to see Ubisoft join the club. But this too is very nice.

Don't get too excited guys, our accounts don't get a lot of the 3rd party games... Evo, is yours any different from the ones that Samon and I have?

Don't get too excited guys, our accounts don't get a lot of the 3rd party games... Evo, is yours any different from the ones that Samon and I have?

Nope, all the same Press Accounts ain't we with -smash- and Glenn

Damn i want 3rd party games too!

*disclaimer*

No one else read this at all :Shh:

Nope, all the same Press Accounts ain't we with -smash- and Glenn

Damn i want 3rd party games too!

*disclaimer*

No one else read this at all :Shh:

I'm not reading ANYTHING about no Press Accounts and such.

Anyway moving on, this is big news especially for Valve. Eidos probably don't get many sales of those older games now, and this is an opportunity to squeeze a few more pennies, with Valve taking a healthy cut :)

Also the email Mr Lombardi sent included this section.

The Group has a valuable combined portfolio of intellectual property including: Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, Championship Manager, Carmageddon, Battlestations Midway, the Conflict series and Just Cause.

Some of the titles currently in development include: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Crossfire and Highlander.

About Eidos New Media
Eidos New Media is a division of Eidos Interactive Ltd, created in 2003 to focus on emerging platforms and technologies. The division has successfully launched mobile games based on a number of Eidos' intellectual properties including: Tomb Raider, Hitman, Championship Manager, and Thief. It is a leading partner in global online distribution.
Sounds like there will be quite a bit of old school choice, and perhaps the new titles coming through Steam too.

Hitman = only good title. the rest are not even worth playing, tbh.

This is good news, but I hope Eidos offers up some of their best titles, and not more toss-away crap.

I wish Valve would talk with id Software about distributing some of their stuff. I'd love to see Quake IV and Doom 3+RoE in my Steam account, and doing so would certainly pump some more life into those games' multiplayer components.

Heck, I'd love to see all the Quake and Doom games on Steam. We've already got Prey, which licenses the D3 engine.. Come on, id!

age of conan is sure to make it's way onto steam ..it's by funcom makers of Dreamfall which is already on Steam plus Eidos is the publisher

Daikatana, anyone? lol

Thank you Eidos, here is my money in trade for your goods.

Great news, for me anyway there are some great deals to be had.

Anyone tried registering their Hitman Blood Money CD Key to steam?

Cynical man say: drowning man (Eidos) grab onto first thing (Steam) he can.

Of course, my perception that Eidos is 'drowning', as with all my gaming news, is based mainly on a three year old nVidea promotional pamphlet with coffee stains on it.

Good news! Might get Just Cause. The news of a highlander game might also be good. Anyone else find it odd that hitman contracts isn't for sale but the other 3 hitman games are?

Oh man, this is pretty exciting news. And Tomb Raider plus Steam? Whoa :)

Good news! Might get Just Cause. The news of a highlander game might also be good. Anyone else find it odd that hitman contracts isn't for sale but the other 3 hitman games are?

I thought i saw it on the list o0

There has already been a price drop on the commandos games.

The Commandos complete package is at least $20 cheaper now....compared to what it was 5 hours ago!:O

Sweet, Carmageddon... that game was so fun back in the day.

Back