Electronic Entertainment Expo 2004

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I'm sure you're all aware by now, E3 will be starting in a few days time on Wednesday 12th May at the Los Angeles Convention Centre. As we've already reported there will be showings of Half-Life 2 from Vivendi and ATi/Valve with all new content.

Alas, as the main HalfLife2.Net staff live on a little island called Britain, we won't be able to report from E3 ourselves this year, but rest assured we'll all be here posting the news, as it happens.

Stay tuned to this page and why not even visit our forums too and join in the discussion of the great things we're bound to see again this year? You can view our forums here.

Lol! :)

Btw, i live up the top of that little island called England, in the bit called Scotland. I could've sworn this little island was actually called Britain... is something going on i don't know about?!

;)

All past fighting aside, HalfLife2.net and Halfliferadio.com can work together to bring all the Half-Life community the news. You can listen to Half-Life Radio to get all the news about Half-Life 2 live from E3 as we broadcast there, and if you miss the broadcast you get can still get the news from HalfLive2.net. At this point in time, we have an event in front of us that is bigger than any of us so we as a community all need to work together now.

Excellent, I don't think there are any other live feeds from E3 avaliable. Just a shame there will be no videos! :p

Speaking about E3

In March of this year, Half-Life 2 finally went alpha, which means that the game is feature-complete and now undergoing extensive testing. Which means the game will be out sometime this summer and I think at E3 they will say late Aug or Sep. can't wait to hear the news.

Gamepost one of the Best game sites have written about the Alpha Version of HL2 read and it and see what you think. I think the writer as a point.
I can't wait till E3 :borg:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/preview_6096237.html

MrD said:
Lol! :)

Btw, i live up the top of that little island called England, in the bit called Scotland. I could've sworn this little island was actually called Britain... is something going on i don't know about?!

;)
Changed it :D

I will be leaving tomorrow for the show. I will probobly not post till after I return on Friday, but hope to have video and pictures should they be needed.

E3 will be a good thing, lol

http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p1.html :brog:

This is a good read about HL2 and its also said that HL2 is in the Alpha Stage, which means its ready to be out soon. Hopefully this summer at least that is what Doug said in the article.

read it and learn!
:borg:

They wouldnt let you in anyways since you arent part of the industry

I think fans and consumers and very much a part of the industry. But we still won't get in.... :(

holy crap!!! thats on wednsday? jesus, i completely forgot! well, the wait won't be so painful now! lol

Zevvex said:
They wouldnt let you in anyways since you arent part of the industry
I would be but something...unexpected...happened...

*CURSES MIKEY*

i wish i knew the story behind that eerie post. It's May 11th and it's 2.30pm here in China so for the chaps back in England i'm guessing it's around 5.30 am and you are still sound asleep, all you Americans are in various states of the 10th of May. I only have to wait a few hours for my May 12th and E3 but i i said America is a day behind so i have to wait until the 13th!!!! how much does that suck?!?

Rupertvdb said:
i wish i knew the story behind that eerie post. It's May 11th and it's 2.30pm here in China so for the chaps back in England i'm guessing it's around 5.30 am and you are still sound asleep, all you Americans are in various states of the 10th of May. I only have to wait a few hours for my May 12th and E3 but i i said America is a day behind so i have to wait until the 13th!!!! how much does that suck?!?

But isn't it so that the showroom floor opens on thursday, and wednesday is just press day or something simmilar?

Us brits are everywhere.. we are slowly taking over the world

Ye anyway, I'm personally looking forward to other parts of the E3 show i.e. Stalker but also any unknown games that look pretty cool i.e. like Call of Duty from last years event. Hopefully there'll be a few surprises in the HL2 section (shakey cam + shouting yanks)

I wanna be there so I can be cool and say:

"Will this run on my 486?"

i have a question.

is it allowed to let "normal" people in? i mean, no guys who are working in the industry or people from magazines. just to visit it and have fun.

Not really, you also need to be over the age of 18.

Apparently though, it's really easy for people to get in anyway.

they dont want kids running against expencive wide screen monitors and tv screens so NO

Make a special thread, in wich only Admins can post, for all the official goody's and links to movies and screens...

ferd said:
Make a special thread, in wich only Admins can post, for all the official goody's and links to movies and screens...
You mean like the www.halflife2.net news page for example? :p

well..i guess so...

pff i hope the server crashes :p

Oh yeah, i mean we are ALL from biritan, its just YOU thats not.

thats right, YOU.
----------------------------------------------------------------

on a sidenote i hate it when some1 says this

"Scotland? dont you guys hate the british?" :dozey:

Dougy said:
Oh yeah, i mean we are ALL from biritan, its just YOU thats not.

thats right, YOU.
----------------------------------------------------------------

on a sidenote i hate it when some1 says this

"Scotland? dont you guys hate the british?" :dozey:
What's your answer to that?

"No but I ****ing despise the English!"? :p

Chris_D said:
What's your answer to that?

"No but I ****ing despise the English!"? :p

actualy i post a picture of britian ripped off the bbc weather service and give people a lesson in geography.

Back