Elite Combine?

LackingSaint

Reaction score
I was just wondering, as I don't recall.. but do Elite Combine soldiers actually appear in episode 2? Just wondering, but I never noticed them..

Yah. There're several, IIRC, at the inn ambush. Trying to remember whether there're any just after you meet the Advisor - pretty sure not.

Yep, two of 'em enter the inn during the ambush IIRC.

Couple at the Inn, but there is obviously hardly any left, with the citadle gone and most of them commanded to defend the core until meltdown, I doubt many survived the City 17 blast.

They were going to appear at the end, but then something about playtesters and complaining.

I hated them any way , Just a bunch of morons. I mean who wears a face mask that hinders your vision? I blame Breen...

I suppose they got rid of them since, if one of them misfired their energy orbs, it could potentially destroy a Hunter, making it easy for you to get through the area without having to fight thm

I hated them any way , Just a bunch of morons. I mean who wears a face mask that hinders your vision? I blame Breen...

It wouldn't really matter if you didn't have any eyeballs.

It wouldn't really matter if you didn't have any eyeballs.
Exactly, how do we know it's not like some compound eye the combine connect both optical nerves to, which enhances long distance vision!? They must be elite for some reason!? Not just the ar_2 alt fire :p

I'm pretty sure I saw a good few elite soldiers accompanying the adviser pods along the top of that hill, seems most of them were appointed with the more important jobs.

Woah guys, I just blew my mind. Check it out. IT IS A MAJOR THEORY.

Gordon is an Elite Combine.

I hope you were joking otherwise i might have to produce proof that your wrong , which sucks because it means i have to do work.

I hope you were joking otherwise i might have to produce proof that your wrong , which sucks because it means i have to do work.

Does it look like I'm joking? Clearly combine only have one finger.

*squints* Uhh maybe? I cant tell. Incase you arent joking i shall now go get "teh proofage"

The problem with that image is that it's not necessarily just 'an Overwatch soldier without his clothes' as some people seem wont to interpret it, but possibly rather a human halfway through the process of modification into a transhuman soldier.

Having said that I find it hard to believe the Combine would improve humans by removing their fingers. Couldn't it just be a quirk of the armour?

What? no one said that they definatly have thier fingers removed , just that the elites could possibly have thier fingers dextirity increased by having them replaced with mechanical fingers. And i know he is half-way through the modification process. It would be wierd to have a combine with half his clothes removed for no reason.

*ignores discussion about f***ing fingers*

I'm pretty sure I saw a good few elite soldiers accompanying the adviser pods along the top of that hill, seems most of them were appointed with the more important jobs.
Yup, and thus creating one of the coolest spectacles ever conceived in three dimensions.

One "teh proofage" right here. View attachment 20726

Might be hard to see because he hand is going through the table.

Yes. His hand is in the table. He only has one finger above the table. As you said, he's half way through the modification process. The point he is at is cutting off his other three fingers, thus what appears to be the table is through them. This is actually a complex guillotine which is in the process of removing the unnecessary appendages.

Why would they want to cut fingers anyway?

Oh, by the way has anyone noticed those elite combine suits has a very bad color choice for wide and open areas like jungles?Maybe that is the reason they don't appear in EP2

Jungles...

I don't see any jungles, just grassland and trees.

And if you remember, a big reason why we don't see many Combine in Ep2 is because we are in the mines for around 1/3 of it. Then, on Freeman Pontifex we see them but we don't fight them because there is too many and they are kind of in a hurry.
Riding shotgun we see a hunter scouting party and a small combine squad travelling in an APC. And from then on we kind of see alot of them. But I think the main reason we don't see many is because we are in such an expansive area which they don't control.

Why would they want to cut fingers anyway?

Oh, by the way has anyone noticed those elite combine suits has a very bad color choice for wide and open areas like jungles?Maybe that is the reason they don't appear in EP2

There are 2 elites in the whole game which can be fought at the Inn.

and for some reason they drop batteries instead of orbs

Im with druckles here. He is obviously going to get his fingers removed. your "proofage" only suports this theory.

Also ignoring Fingers discussion.

I reckon quite a few of them would have been killed in the Citadel explosion, since they seemed responsible for monitoring and destroying the Core.

How so? because his fingers are clipping through the desk? :p

Daftest discussion I ever read about fingers...

He has five of them they're obviously going through the mesh, yes it's a positioning error but since whoever took that screenshot has obviously noclipped to that area you wouldn't normally notice it during normal gameplay as it only appears indistinctly on a wall monitor...

AI reckon quite a few of them would have been killed in the Citadel explosion, since they seemed responsible for monitoring and destroying the Core.
There was crapload of them on the bridge.
In game we only encounter TWO of them. TWO! What a shame!

Obvious why only the Elites can use the energy orbs, only they get the ammo for them.
And they drop batteries instead of orbs when you kill them, because otherwise it would be way to easy to kill all 3 hunters with the orbs (including the one in the radar cache just before the ambush).

That didn't stop the ones in c17 from giving you some, and god knows how many soldiers there were in there.

Plus when a orb hits a hunter, it auto-explodes upon contact

Plus when a orb hits a hunter, it auto-explodes upon contact

Still, if you had 3 orbs by the point the hunters attacked, 3 right clicks would dispose of them all.

"God, these Hunters are tou-nevermind. "
Just one of many thing they must've fixed in playtesting.

I believe you can gun 2 of them down at the end of the missile silo battle of Our Mutual Fiend. Although those aren't necessary to kill (those accompanying the advisor).

Back