Ending ... whatthe hell just happened?

Ruben

Reaction score
I just finished the game. Gman appears, time stops. I put an end to the combine, liberated the city (i think) ... what the hell just happened? Im confused. Well you know, Veni,Vidi,Vici ... i think i was victorious.

If and when my services are needed again (half life 3?). Where the hell am i? This black void. Where did Gman go? Who the hell is Gman? Why is he doing this to "me"?

Im confused.

i still find it funny that gabe was like the whole time before hl2 came out that he was saying that in this game your relationship with the gman will be more involved and you get to konw him better

my ass..

well, I got to know his face a little better maybe...

Does that qualify?

did anyone ever see him more then twice, at the beginning and at the end of the game?

Citizen 1150421 said:
i still find it funny that gabe was like the whole time before hl2 came out that he was saying that in this game your relationship with the gman will be more involved and you get to konw him better
Hey, he did actually talk to you twice. And we did learn that somehow, Gman has been granted certain powers over space/time..

And we learned he has green eyes.

Ok, so it isnt much. They'd better give us some real answers in HL3.

We learned that we are working for him, and he as several offers for gordon's services....

It doesn't make sense to know who Gman is, it really doesn't.
I like being in he dark on who Gman is, I think its better that way, and hope we never learn

Citizen 1150421 said:

my ass..

yeah really, he said that you'd find out "a lot more about the gman and his motives"

NateDogX said:
did anyone ever see him more then twice, at the beginning and at the end of the game?

yes I saw him atleast 5 times during the game, start and end included. Maybe I missed him sometimes too, I dont know. He's usually far away...once i even saw him on television ?? :eek:

Zio said:
We learned that we are working for him, and he as several offers for gordon's services....
Half-Life 1 ends with the G-man offering you an "assignment" of some sort. By walking into the teleportal, you accept that offer. This assignment seems to be what you have spent a lot of time doing in Half-Life 2. So you can even then put two and two together and figure out that you are going to work for him.

There are actually 10 locations where g-man can be seen in the game including the beginning and end

Do you know where? I've finished the game now, and I want to go through it again and take screenshots of important things, and especially: all the Gman sightings.

Citizen 1150421 said:

my ass..

The development process of a video game tends to see a lot of changes, don't hold that against them.

Yeah there is this forum in half life 2 where we place all the screenshots of G-man and i tell you it scares me and its freaky.

one of them i remember is that on the hover boat levels, just when you can see in far distance that crane and little house where the crane holds a health pack and ammo price you know where if u played it, well just when you can see that place and you get of the hover boat just before you can see him standing there and it scared me. you get close to that place to see where he go and you find some zombies and headcrabs

Back