EP2(Black Box) with 2900XT??

Phantom118

Reaction score
I was browsing Ncix.com today and noticed that Its shipping with a free version of HL2 Black box ( http://www.ncix.com/go/?HD2000 ).

What im asking is, Is this the actual game or just a piece of paper with CD keys you can use when the game comes out???

I didn't think EP2 was coming out until Q3

Sorry if this is old news....

That's interesting.

Oh, wait, it could just be the particle engine upgrade.

It will come with a coupon. On it you will find an activation code for steam. This happened with HL2 too with the radeon 9600XT and 9800XT series.

I entered my code in tonight.

It says something along the lines of: "half life 2 episode 2 is not available for download at this time but this key is now tied to your account, etc, etc."

Then on the next screen it says Day of Defeat Source is now ready for download.

DODS as its a bonus toss in for this black box ATI offer.

Pretty nice.

Now since the key is tied to my steam, will I have to enter it again when EP2/portal/tf2 preloads? Or when the preloads start should mine be ready to open immediately when they are fully done?

Now since the key is tied to my steam, will I have to enter it again when EP2/portal/tf2 preloads? Or when the preloads start should mine be ready to open immediately when they are fully done?

Most likely it will be all ready to go.

feature-products.jpg

So when it says "The Black Box NOT included", does that mean it just comes with the coupon, like you guys said, or doesn't come with it at all?

That means no coupon. The 1GB XT is only coming as a OEM card right now, and thus has no retail packaging. I have only seen OEM's with the black box voucher, often which they will package with a complete system.

Not sure if any of the individual sellers will get the vouchers on the 1GB cards.

Back