Epic Survival Moments

Love4Fire

Reaction score
The other survival thread i posted was more of a precursor, SO let this be the thread where you post your most EPIC survival moments. My most epic moment so far has come after only about 3 plays into survival mode. Glenn, I, and some others did some serious work, surviving for almost 14 minutes.

l4d_airport04_terminal0007.jpg

Not bad for the first day of survival mode, eh? And in case you can't read, we did kill 13 tanks.

The other survival thread i posted was more of a precursor, SO let this be the thread where you post your most EPIC survival moments. My most epic moment so far has come after only about 3 plays into survival mode. Glenn, I, and some others did some serious work, surviving for almost 14 minutes.

l4d_airport04_terminal0007.jpg

Not bad for the first day of survival mode, eh? And in case you can't read, we did kill 13 tanks.

Damn, hunters were up your ass!

Nothing really happened too special today, i was playing Last Stand for like, what? 4 rounds? The best thing that happened was probably killing two tanks rapid fire from the top of the lighthouse. Give everyone rifles, a couple molotovs, and you can last quite a while. Gotta be on the lookout though, one smoker could screw it all up.

I'm quite pleased with my first time on Last Stand, which was 4:10.

And I agree, out of all infected (except maybe tanks), smokers can screw things up the worst. Once someone gets dragged right down to the ground it is incredibly difficult to get them back.

I played for about 2 hours, best time was in Dead Air, in the terminal with the van. We survived for about 9 minutes, I was the last one left and ran into the bathroom, 2 tanks spawned and raped me next to the urinals.

lulz

I was with a group of survivors on Versus.

It was on that map with the barn and traintracks. with the safe house at the end of a train bridge.

My team got swamped and incapped.

I just went for it, an epic run, the zombo team couldn't keep up, any that did got shotgunned to the face.

I ran the entire map basically by myself.

Yay me.:imu:

Me and Fishbulb reached 4:15 in Last Stand
Not bad for two players. \o/

Me, Shamrock, and Naudian managed to get 4:11 in Last Stand. I got pounced by a flaming Hunter on the first rooftop, and then immediately punched into the ocean by a flaming Tank.

Awesome.

I had a fun game were a teammate suggested we hid in the toilets on the lighthouse map and there is only one entrance, then all of a sudden the little critters smashed down the wall behind us and raped us. We were all laughing knowing that the toilet was to good to be true.

I think the best I did on Last Stand was 4:30 - 5:00. I don't quite remember. We did it inside the lighthouse building on those winding stairs. Easy to kill any smokers getting you, and the tank gets confused easily.

Man, Last Stand is well hard. Me and some random folk had a quick look through of some of the Dead Air maps and managed to get 7 minutes something in the Terminal. Didnt fare so well on the Construction Site, though. We had a good spot at the blocked up path nearest to the starting safe room until a Tank ploughed through us and started smacking the car around. Game over in seconds.

It's good fun, though. I like it.

I played for about 2 hours, best time was in Dead Air, in the terminal with the van. We survived for about 9 minutes, I was the last one left and ran into the bathroom, 2 tanks spawned and raped me next to the urinals.

The terminal is the best map to defend so far that I've found. I think it's because the horde and tanks spawn on one side of the map while you defend the other.

The Terminal is quite good - like I said, we got to 7 minutes on it and thats the furthest I've got on any of the maps I've played - but it suffers sorely from a lack of ammo piles and weapons. In fact, so did the Construction Yard. Am I right in thinking that only finale maps and Last Stand are stocked with ridiculous amounts of weapons and explosives? I need to play more maps, mind.

A really good spot, but also pretty bad, is the long stretch from corner to corner underneath the escalator that you would walk down in campaign. It has some great lines of sight and even cover to crouch behind which makes Smokers pretty rubbish, but it's really dark so things get really confusing quickly. A spot we would go to is by the fence that should get broken down as it's well lit up and with a good sight across the map, not to mention a short hop from the ammo dump in the middle. The desk has plenty of molotovs and also makes Smokers less of a bother if they grab you and you're behind it. Slows a Tank down too if you keep running around it and jumping over the devides.

got to 12:30 on the church level, was good fun. I prefer this game mode over the others.

6:49 ------- 11 seconds short from silver.

two tanks ****ed us up, + three smokers

Survival mode is great. Although a single player mode with bots would be handy!

13 mins is hardcore! I onlt managed like 5! and that was INSANE!

Last Stand, my team was on top of those huge propane tanks in the pump room, and we've run out of molotovs with two tanks coming and we're low on ammo (despite having agreed to use pistols on anything besides tanks) i jump down, actually on top of some zombies (strangely enough, that kills them), and after a bit of fighting, i manage to make it to grab a molotov, though one of the tanks has already entered the room, so, feeling like trying to be a hero, i threw it down to the floor under me. The tanks died, the horde died, and i bought my teammates some extra time (but i died as well)

Dead Air - The Terminal

Me and Fishbulb, Tanks everywhere, hunters, smokers. After lots and lots of Molotovs and pipe bombs thrown at the hordes. We are proud to say we reached 11:30 and got our gold medals.

It was the most intense game ever.

I love the Survival mode.

Ah, a f'ing great one that happened recently.

Dead Air. The Crane. We were about 10 minutes in, thing's starting to get messy, health beginning to take its toll. I turn around to get closer to my teammates, and as I face them, 3 Smoker tongues, simultaneously, snatch all 3 Survivors and pull them away in different directions. Unbelieevably hilarious, and it was one of them moments when you're brain goes into overload, leaving me completely incapable of choosing which one to save first. And to top it all off, a Hunter comes from behind me and pounces my sorry bitch ass. Man I wish I'd taken a screenshot or something. Was quality man.

Death toll, church. After Church guy alerts the horde, Francis says "If we live through this, I'm gonna friggin' KILL that guy!" Emphasis on "If"

I rarely made it over 11 minutes. It is because me and my teammates all laxed after beating gold medal.

NPC special infected co-op almost perfectly.

Back