Eternal Silence, space mod

Reaction score
Well, since theres been alot of mod teams throwing around their ideas in here in search of help I thought I'd post.

Eternal Silence is an old BF1942 which moved to HL2 since june. Our first concept was rather sketchy but we did get a release through. Anyways I have totally rewritten and tweaked the concept in a full design document, which I will present at the end.

Eternal Silence is a totally original mod designed to bring the best of Space Sims in the last decade into 1 mod. The idea is ambitious to say the least and will require lots of coding, but since thats my field, im confident to come through. The idea wont revolve so much around content, so the development should be pretty quick.

I am trying to bring together a skilled team of around 8-10 people. I need dedicated members with time on their hands and people who are good at what they do. So far the team is 2 coders, 1 writer and a concept artist/modeller. We need some mappers, animators and texture artists. If you are interested email me ([email protected]) I want to see some previous work (as much as you can fit in the mail).

Now for the design document. I have it hosted here: http://es2.freeservers.com This idea is copyright eternal silence so dont steal it. I have leaded many mods before and I am a very good coder.

Edit: forget to mention the IRC channel. #es2mod on gamesnet. Come make me un-lonely

Sweet! Imagine what you could do with HL2. And your the team that coded the homing missiles for BF WITHOUT the SDK, right?

No, thats empires mod, however we did create energy shields which are the only functioning ones (the Star Wars mod doesnt have em). We released a very early demo in juin but moved the project to HL2 when we realized BF was a dead end. BUT I will state that this mod is in no way similar to the BF mod. All the art is being redone, we took the extra muscle of the HL2 engine and changed the gameplay alot...

good idea.. The only good things about the bf engine and your mod was the flamethrower and the enrgy shield. Good luck with the new engine.

People actually think that the RF2 engine is better to mod then the source engine. I cant understand why you would think that...

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
People actually think that the RF2 engine is better to mod then the source engine. I cant understand why you would think that...

Better if you want to make something like BF1942 but with some new vehicles, weapons, and some simple new features. Not better to mod if you want to do something like ES wanted which just needed to much new stuff.

Ehh i played this mod for BF1942. it wasnt finished but from what i played i hated it. though it was only minimally done. if you want to make this mod MAKE IT RIGHT.

At least they have something thats playable. Thats quite an accomplishment.

ya it is. but BF1942 mods had to be good to go somewhere which was sad, only 2 mods outta them all really went anywhere.

ooo, i have some competition :)

moved to help wanted forum.

Back