Eventually you'll realize...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason that I do not believe in the existence of God is due to the fact that there is literally no evidence at all to prove his existence. Also, Hell, what you believe shall be my final destination, does not scare me or my loved ones because, like God, there is no verifiable proof of its existence. Saying that I'm going to Hell scares me as much as if you said: "You're going to be trapped in the witch's candy cottage from Hansel and Gretel," or, "You're going to die if you don't forward this spam email message ten times within the next twelve hours," due to the fact that these three things all make the same amount of sense: 0 sense. Of course, if anybody does have any proof that God, Hell, and the witch's candy cottage exists, I would very much like to see it.

If I wasn't so tired, I'd jump into this quasi-religious/political uh... thing going on here. American politics confuse me though and my brain hurts too much right now. I will say, however, that religious people confuse me more than religion itself. Blind faith in a religion that has been caniballised from other, older (conquered) religions makes my brain hurt.

But seriously...
WHY CHRISTIANITY IS FALSE...:

1. According to the unbiased studies done by Christians, 99.9% of quantum mechanics don't believe in Christianity.
2. We are born atheists, atheism is natural, Christianity isn't. Don't Christians hate unnatural things like homosexuals?
3. The book The God Delusion basically disproves God with every single sentence. It is really good read for stupid Christians.

No offence, but if you aren't an atheist after this, you're a bigot.

But seriously...
WHY CHRISTIANITY IS FALSE...:

1. According to the unbiased studies done by Christians, 99.9% of quantum mechanics don't believe in Christianity.
2. We are born atheists, atheism is natural, Christianity isn't. Don't Christians hate unnatural things like homosexuals?
3. The book The God Delusion basically disproves God with every single sentence. It is really good read for stupid Christians.

No offence, but if you aren't an atheist after this, you're a bigot.
1. Quantum Mechanics is not something that can have beliefs.
2. We are born atheists, and then through natural processes are lead to believe Christianity. Don't Atheists hate natural things like ghost hunters?
3. The book The Bible basically proves God with every single sentence. Its a really good read for stupid atheists.
No offense, but if you aren't a Christian after this, you're a bigot.

1. Quantum Mechanics are people, very smart people, that can have beliefs, they aren't robots or computers.
2. Bibles aren't natural, or made by using natural materials, they are made by men. Atheism was written in a book by Richard Dawkins, a human. Humans are animals, animals are natural, humans are natural (A=B, B=C, therefore, A=C).
3. Hypocrite...
No offense, but if you aren't a Christian after this, you aren't a bigot.

1) Quantum Mechanics are not people, Quantum Mechanics is a branch of science. It is no more capable of holding beliefs than Calculus is.
2) Aha! You foil yourself! You say Bibles are made by men, and define men as animals and thus natural! Bibles are natural!
3) :( name calling hurts my feelings, I quit.

1. I was not referring to the branch of science, I was talking about mechanics that work on a quantum level. Quantum mechanics are some of the smartest people on the face of this world, this world that you and other Christians believe contains the blown up souls of aliens sent here by an evil Sith Overlord called Xenu.

2. Bibles themselves are not natural, but their authors are. Ha, do you actually believe that bibles magically popped into existence? Well then, show me some verifiable, undeniable, hard evidence to back up this claim that you made. Show me a picture of a bible appearing out of thin air in a puff of smoke, and I might just believe your silly story of mystically materializing bibles.

3. Too scared to debate with me, eh? You said before that you would wish to debate me, what happened to that claim? Huh?

No offense, but if you don't agree with me, you're a bigot!!!

To name a few points:

• Abortion
    • Democrats are generally for abortion. Unwanted pregnancy is -- like addiction to drugs or alcohol, tardiness, and procrastination -- an affliction and therefore needs to be treated by the government.
    • Republicans are generally opposed to abortion unless of course it is one's own daughter that got knocked up, in which case the decent thing to do is to ship her off to some distant city where private but expensive medical care can be provided and the local community is spared the details.
  • Animals
    • Democrats believe that wild animals should have all the rights of humans, protected from any harm and allowed to die slow and agonizing deaths like most of the world's humans do.
    • Republicans believe that wild animals were put here for the sport of hunting, provide a little expensive but gamy and tough meat, and an occasional fur coat for the missus.
      Both think that domestic animals and the raising thereof need massive government support. This often results in an excess of such animals, which are then killed, burnt or buried instead of being shipped off to starving humanity around the world because to do so might upset the local economy

Capital Punishment
    • Democrats
      Because Democrats are genetically compassionate, they are opposed to capital punishment especially if it is someone who has tortured and molested 27 women and children to death as it is self evident that such a person has had a bad childhood, probably having his pacifier forcibly taken before he was nine years old. However, Democrats do make an exception to this opinion, if the victims were actually a close friend or part of the family. That family includes the family of government employees such as those that were blown up in Oklahoma City. In cases like that, the guy ought to be hung out in the sun by his testicles and left to die a slow death.
    • Republicans
      The Republican's position on this issue is clear and is based upon the Judeo/Christian bible: an eye for an eye. That we are not always completely sure that we have the right dude before we send him on his way to St. Peter is not really all that serious of an issue. "God will sort it out" is their most commonly stated rationale for slaughtering a group of people that from their very looks it is obvious that they are guilty -- of something. Actually God really only gave us a hint as to the real possibilities: how about a lopped head for a mashed finger, for instance? That certainly should work even better. I understand that there are now over 50 offenses for which you can be given a quick dispatch to meet your maker.

http://www.americanpolitics.com/030499dictionary.html

You just picket the top three, pretty lame. Why not pick the most juicy ones?

Fact: That site wouldn't exist without God. You couldn't have copied and pasted that without God. In fact, you would not exist without God. It's time to start being grateful.

This thread is awesome! I love the way religion gets everyone at each others throats.... Bwahahaaaa

I'm Agnostic. I don't believe in any religion but I do have beliefs that come from my own perception of the surroundings in which I live. I don't feel the need to believe in some higher power, and in my opinion there is no absolute proof that any such power exists, or ever has. I have various beliefs and theories on how certain religions came to be and my position on them is unlikely to change unless some God like entity presents itself to me in one way or another.

However, I am not arrogant enough to consider my beliefs the only one to believe in. I fully understand that there is no absolute proof that these powers do not exist. Everyone is entitled to believe in what they wish. If they want to believe in a Christian God, go ahead. Whether you're Buddhist, Catholic, Islamic, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic... whatever. The only thing that sets me off is when someone tries to impose their belief on me because they view mine as wrong. I will debate with anyone over the various theories on religion and their validity, but when it reaches that 'you're wrong cos i'm right and if you don't agree it's cos you're a bigot', it loses all cohesion.

WARNING! BOBTHESKULL, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS! WARNING!
Dear Krynn72, and Krynn72 only.
What I have written here is a complete and utter joke (well, some of it, at least). I am an atheist, but I 100% agree with bobtheskull that some of the arguments that I have previously used on this thread are nonsense. For example, this argument that I made:
Ha, do you actually believe that bibles magically popped into existence? Well then, show me some verifiable, undeniable, hard evidence to back up this claim that you made. Show me a picture of a bible appearing out of thin air in a puff of smoke, and I might just believe your silly story of mystically materializing bibles.
is a strawman argument due to the fact that Krynn72 never said that "bibles magically popped into existence... in a puff of smoke", he merely said that by my own logic, bibles are natural. I was hoping that someone would notice how I descended into madness so quickly after the Give This Monkey What She Wants comment was posted by BabyHeadCrab. After seeing that video, I decided to play with people's minds, because I'm actually just a psychopathic troll.

Yay me.

I'm actually just a psychopathic troll.

Yay me.

Why you lil'.... <shakes fist>

It's all too easy for trolling to get so out of hand that it becomes difficult to tell who's doing it and who's came off the rails. I've heard people go a little psychotic after seeing BHC's monkey. o_O

Dear bobtheskull and Krynn72,
What I have written here is a complete and utter joke
Uh, yeah, I picked up on that lol. I was just playing along. I mean, come on, ghost hunters? How could you pass that up, I wanted to get into a debate about them :(. Also, I saw your post right before I went to sleep, and I was planning on photoshopping up a picture of a bible hovering in a puff of smoke to use as photographic proof.

Most people here would know I was joking, you're too new here I think to realize that. I've long since been established as atheist with a number of halflife2.net (this site before valvetime.net consumed us) debates under my belt.

Also, to BobTheSkull, it doesn't sound like you're agnostic. It sounds like you're an agnostic atheist. Sorry, but every time someone calls themselves straight up "agnostic" it irks me a bit because thats not how it works. I'll refer you to one of my favorite posts ever made on hl2.net. http://www.valvetime.net/threads/yo...-guns-in-my-school.140217/page-2#post-2584996

Dear bobtheskull and Krynn72,
What I have written here is a complete and utter joke (well, some of it, at least). I am an atheist

This is the biggest upset since Insane Clown Posse revealed they were christian all along.

Ugh, I hate it when it gets to the level of labeling. Going all D&D. Can't just be Evil, have to be Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic Evil. At the end of the day, I don't conform to religion, but I don't go about telling others that they are wrong if they do. That was my point.

Ugh, I hate it when it gets to the level of labeling.
Funny, since you labeled yourself right away.

Also, Insane Clown Posse is Christian? I did not know. Then again, all I know about them is that they don't know how magnets work, and that Charlie Kelly sympathizes with high school juggalos.

Funny, since you labeled yourself right away.
Oh come on, you're being pedantic now. You knew what I meant.

What's funny is how Matt has edited his post to remove your name from it, thus making me look like a dick for commenting.

As I don't particularly want to fall out with anyone on this forum - I actually quite like coming here and find you lot a good laugh, I'm going to bow out of this thread before I get too narked. It's been a long, crap weekend, and getting into a bitchfest over something like this isn't helping much.

Oh come on, you're being pedantic now. You knew what I meant.
Yep, I'm just yanking your chain.

What's funny is how Matt has edited his post to remove your name from it, thus making me look like a dick for commenting.
I saw that he had my name in there too, I know you weren't being a dick.

Greatest thread ever. Here is my contribution to the "religion" part.

I love how Shem takes all the credit, when, let's be honest here, I do most of the work. This is a reference to Shem's other post, for those who are a bit lacking in the intelligence department. I guess I'm just bitter because I've been doing all the work for over a week, and this damned Shem guy replaces me in more than 4 years. Who knows how much credit he'll have stolen by the time he's been here longer than I haven't.

I love how Shem takes all the credit, when, let's be honest here, I do most of the work. This is a reference to Shem's other post, for those who are a bit lacking in the intelligence department. I guess I'm just bitter because I've been doing all the work for over a week, and this damned Shem guy replaces me in more than 4 years. Who knows how much credit he'll have stolen by the time he's been here longer than I haven't.

We've already discussed this in the other thread and, quite frankly, you're sounding a bit like Jeri Ellsworth right now. Maybe if you keep being bitter about me taking your credit it'll affect your ability to work at whatever job you work at and you'll end up getting fired. Can't say I'd shed a tear but that would be most unfortunate. So be careful, friend.

George Carlin.

I believe that question by Cempa was directed towards a LordGloppy. Is your name LordGloppy? Let me check. Hey look it says Matt right next to that retarded picture of a monkey scratching its head. No LordGloppy. Now who's trying to steal the show, eh?

Matt is a really entertaining alt account, well done Shem.

Thanks. I'm really proud of him myself. Knew he was going to take after his old man and go far in this forum.

I consider him my magnum opus. Good luck finding the other ones ;)

In fact, how do you know I'm not an alt myself? Oh the plot thickens...

Shem? I thought... youwere my alt account? How did you type that? CRAP, he's becoming sentient!!! Wait... what if... I am the real alt account?

Do I exist?
SHEM?!
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I!!!?
please

Shem? I thought... youwere my alt account? How did you type that? CRAP, he's becoming sentient!!! Wait... what if... I am the real alt account?

Do I exist?
SHEM?!
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I!!!?
please

Laughing at the please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back