Explanation please?

C

cpsethgt

Hi there,

I'm a bit... new to Half Life, so it'd be great if someone could explain something for me.

I've heard that an expansion, 'Aftermath', is coming, as well as something called 'Lost Coast'. Is there a difference between the two? What are the details?

They are different.

There are no details that I know of, comrade.

You do not exist. :p

btw, welcome to the Democratic People's Republic of HL2.net!

Lost Coast is a new, free, level based off of cut material from Half-Life 2, and designed for high end systems (Like with a top of the line graphics card). Along with higher poly characters and higher resolution textures, it will also feature new HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting. This is also the "Ati level" that Valve was talking about around Half-Life 2's release. It's supposedly going to come out soon, but no one really knows when.

Aftermath is the new expansion and will mostly likely continue as Freeman and include new monsters and weapons and typical expansion shtuff. Last word from Valve is that it's due out in the Fall.

Aftermath is set directly after half-life 2, you play as Gordon Freeman and upon fleeing the citadel (which has gone into meltdown due to the damage you caused at the tip of the reactor) with Alyx you make your way onto the streets and begin to lead the flight from the city.

The episode (not expansion) will contain new enemies and new weapons.
You spend alot more time with Alyx and DOG
There is a sewer section in which you must aim your flashlight at oncoming zombies in order for Alyx to shoot (you are weaponless)
Kleiner makes a broadcast to the city
By the end of Aftermath, city 17 will be no more.
Its about a quarter length of hl2

Hope that helps :thumbs:

Samon said:
There is a sewer section in which you must aim your flashlight at oncoming zombies in order for Alyx to shoot (you are weaponless)

Sound's a tad naff, she should give Gordon her Gun.

Samon said:

where'd u get this information? are you sure about all of this?

Samon said:
Aftermath is set directly after half-life 2, you play as Gordon Freeman and upon fleeing the citadel (which has gone into meltdown due to the damage you caused at the tip of the reactor) with Alyx you make your way onto the streets and begin to lead the flight from the city.

Only 1/4th of Half-Life 2's length? What's that? Four hours if lucky, considering I beat Half-Life 2 in roughly 16 hours.

It was said to be 33% the length, but your milage will vary of course. I explored and looked into every nook and cranny I could find and still beat Half-Life 2 in 11 hours by first time through. (Did it in one sitting, too :D) But for other people it might have taken them more or less time.

Lahire149 said:
where'd u get this information? are you sure about all of this?

100%

The episode (not expansion) will contain new enemies and new weapons - PC GAMER

You spend alot more time with Alyx and DOG - Gabe interview

There is a sewer section in which you must aim your flashlight at oncoming
zombies in order for Alyx to shoot (you are weaponless) - Told in someones account of their visit to valve

Kleiner makes a broadcast to the city - Confirmed by the actor of Kleiner on G4

By the end of Aftermath, city 17 will be no more. - PC GAMER

Its about a quarter length of hl2 - PC GAMER

Samon said:
100%

The episode (not expansion) will contain new enemies and new weapons - PC GAMER

You spend alot more time with Alyx and DOG - Gabe interview

There is a sewer section in which you must aim your flashlight at oncoming
zombies in order for Alyx to shoot (you are weaponless) - Told in someones account of their visit to valve

Kleiner makes a broadcast to the city - Confirmed by the actor of Kleiner on G4

By the end of Aftermath, city 17 will be no more. - PC GAMER

Its about a quarter length of hl2 - PC GAMER

PC Action Magazine said it was 33% as long as Half-Life.

Samon said:
Thats about a quarter.
:LOL: well let's see, 33 times 3 is 99, and 33 times 4 is 132. Last time I checked, 99 was closer to 100 than 132.

So 1/3 it is!

crabcakes66 said:
..... :|

Didnt do to well with fractions back in school did we?

No, I'm the most dumbass person when it comes to maths trust me :p

Maths Smaths.

SsmitzZ said:
*enjoys watchin use verbuly abuse eachother* :)
Capitalize "enjoys," add a g to "watching," remove the e on "us," replace the u with al in "verbally," and put the space between "each other." You monkey.

;)

Back