Extracting music from Sin Episodes

Hypnosos

Reaction score
Hi, I've a little problem. I want to extract the music files from sin episodes gcf sounds file with GCFScape. I did it exactly the same when I ripped some from HL2, and extracting the files goes fine. But the music files won't play.

If you open it with Winamp, you can see that the program noticed the file but doesn't play it when pressing "play". No time of the file is specified either.

In foobar, I get a error.
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Skrivbord\whatworld_techno2.mp3" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Skrivbord\whatworld_techno2.mp3" (0)

Windows media player 10 doesn't play it either. Anyone else encountered this problem? Please help me. :( Will be very grateful for help. Really want to listen to this outside the game too. :)

The music files are encrypted, I don't think I can talk about that here. There is a soundtrack on iTunes though, and I think there's a retail one coming too.

They encrypted it because obviously they want us to buy the Soundtrack. :(

I do have ONE song though. The opening one. "What's the world come to."
Someone recorded it, took off the movie, and gave it to me.

Ah, thanks for answers. But it feels like a ripoff, you have to buy the game, then you gotta pay again for the music thats in the game. Uhm...

no its not you pay for the game, you dont pay to do whatever you want with music, its copyright you know.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
They encrypted it because obviously they want us to buy the Soundtrack. :(

I do have ONE song though. The opening one. "What's the world come to."
Someone recorded it, took off the movie, and gave it to me.
There is a Sin Movie?

What's the world come to

"I do have ONE song though. The opening one. "What's the world come to."
Someone recorded it, took off the movie, and gave it to me."

Hey can you maybe Upload that File then, I love that Song!!

Please.

If you do can you email me at.

[email protected]

Thanx

Hey how do you do that?

How do you install the game from the gcfs and then let it work? I've gotten it all extracted, but then it doesn't work!

Dude, this thread is REALLY old!

Also, that sounds incredibly suspicious what you are trying to do... (i dont know what you need to do...)

Sin Episodes make me cry. There used to be 8 incoming episodes...

I really want to buy it for the dynamic enemies, but I keep hearing it sucked.

I just played it again yesterday. The gameplay is fun enough, but its nothing special. And I hate their character designs.

And I was confused at the menu song. I thought I had winamp open and it was playing some random song id never heard. Didnt strike me as a video game song.

Back