FAKE: European Half-Life 3/Portal 3 Trademarks Filed

Ah, I got you. But then why mention at all that the Portal 3 trademark was "authenticated"? Checking a few more boxes doesn't mean that. It's confusing.

Just means whatever or whoever is "examining" the trademark posts hasn't removed this new post even after checking it over. The Half-Life 3 post was most likely removed after failing the appropriate validity tests or whatever system OHIM use.

What is that Casalonga et Associes company which seems to be a 'representative' of Valve Corporation?

It costs 900 Euro to file a trademark, and they require a credit card or direct bank transfer payment up front. No one is going to spend 900 Euro to troll Valve fans.

as I said on spuf, it's not a fake. There is no way that a law firm having Valve as a client would trademark a fake HL3.

if u search for dota or day of defeat u can see they've been trademarked for valve from casalonga et associes.

also, if u search ""valve corporation" "casalonga et associes"" on google, u can find many other references on different sites.

for example, check here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/ctm/ctm-c...06483-page-1-2 u can see also "steam" has been trademarked by them.

And what evidence do you have that that law company was indeed involved, other than the entry on the website which we're questioning in the first place?

The only evidence for this whole thing was that application on the website. It's disappeared.

The fact that Portal 3, a game we KNOW does not exist, also appeared on the site and then disappears, patently shows that this source is bogus. You just don't want to hear it.

And what evidence do you have that that law company was indeed involved, other than the entry on the website which we're questioning in the first place?

as I've already said, "casalonga et associes" is an important law firm specialized in trademarks, Valve is their client and, as I've proved, "casalonga et associes" has already trademarked many different names for Valve, just check my links or search for "day of defeat", "dota", "steam" on that database.

IMO, it's absurd to think that a law firm having Valve as client could compromise itself "faking" a trademark, filling it for Valve Corporation (and then, probably breaking a couple of dozens of laws) without any reason.

About portal 3: isn't strange at all to trademark a game to protect it. Also, we DON'T KNOW it doesn't exists, all we know is it wasn't on that leak.

edit: BTW, portal 3 is still in that database. owner: Valve Corporation, representative: Casalonga et associes.

OMG...HL2 is today's daily deal with 75% off. If you add 7+5 which is 12 and then add 1+2...

That must mean...HL3 CONFIRMED!!!

OMG...HL2 is today's daily deal with 75% off. If you add 7+5 which is 12 and then add 1+2...
batman-bitch-slap-opp.jpg

as I've already said, "casalonga et associes" is an important law firm specialized in trademarks, Valve is their client and, as I've proved, "casalonga et associes" has already trademarked many different names for Valve, just check my links or search for "day of defeat", "dota", "steam" on that database.

IMO, it's absurd to think that a law firm having Valve as client could compromise itself "faking" a trademark, filling it for Valve Corporation (and then, probably breaking a couple of dozens of laws) without any reason.

You already said this before. You failed to answer the actual question. Either you didn't read my comment, you didn't understand my comment, or you're pretending you didn't understand my comment. Which one..?

You already said this before. You failed to answer the actual question. Either you didn't read my comment, you didn't understand my comment, or you're pretending you didn't understand my comment. Which one..?

I read your comment. You wrote:

"The only evidence for this whole thing was that application on the website. It's disappeared."

this is not true. There are many other evidences, and I wrote about some. So, you didn't read what I wrote, you didn't understand what I wrote, or you're pretenting you didn't understand my comment.
Which one..?

Yawn. So you didn't read my comment, cool. Here's the question again: "what is your evidence that casalonga et associes had anything to do with filing this application, rather than a hoaxer filing it in their name"? You haven't given a single shred of corroborating evidence for this.

If you don't think that the deleted request on its own proved that Valve was involved with filing it, why do you think the deleted request on its own proved that the law firm was involved with filing it? It's a total failure of logic.

lol. You really think u can fill an application for a trademark pretending to be a legal firm?

It's not the same of some obscure website pretending to have an anonymous souce, it's legal stuff and it's quite controlled.

When u fill an application u register urself and u're identified by a unique ID.

(u can find infos about that in the site itself)

On the website, it was clearly stated that the application now disappeared was filled by "casalonga et associes", with the same ID number of all other "casalonga et associes" applications.

sorry if I didn't understood u before, but I really couldn't think this was your doubt, because the proof that casalonga filled that application was the application itself.

all u can think is someone hacked casalonga et associes passwords and credit cards (because u pay with a registered credit card) but well, isn't more reasonable to think Valve wanted that trademark to become confidential for now?

Also, again, "Portal 3" is still there, filled by casalonga et associes.

lol. You really think u can fill an application for a trademark pretending to be a legal firm?

It's not the same of some obscure website pretending to have an anonymous souce, it's legal stuff and it's quite controlled.

When u fill an application u register urself and u're identified by a unique ID.

(u can find infos about that in the site itself)

On the website, it was clearly stated that the application now disappeared was filled by "casalonga et associes", with the same ID number of all other "casalonga et associes" applications.

sorry if I didn't understood u before, but I really couldn't think this was your doubt, because the proof that casalonga filled that application was the application itself.

all u can think is someone hacked casalonga et associes passwords and credit cards (because u pay with a registered credit card) but well, isn't more reasonable to think Valve wanted that trademark to become confidential for now?

Also, again, "Portal 3" is still there, filled by casalonga et associes.
Is it really so hard to say 'you'?

Back