Fake HL2:Ep3 trailer

Ascension

Hunter
Reaction score
I just want to know...is this real? If it isn't, what is the map called?

BETA/ALPHA and need I remind you that Episode 3 was intended to be released in 2007? I mean, do you think that they will release "Episode 3" after all this time? No, they will release Half-Life 3. They have to. And this is possibly an alpha or a beta, so maybe they're just testing stuff? Bottom line, this video's like four years old, and it's supposedly an alpha or beta.

There is no reason why I should go into detail as why that uninspiring footage is fake. It just a someone's custom map. Valve would no doubt have actual footage taken down in minutes.

That video was uploaded in 2009, and the uploader doesn't give context for anything.

Feel free to generate your own opinions based on that.

Is this what the Half-Life forums have been reduced to? Posting countless fake Half-Life 3 videos? I mean I understand it's hard to discuss a game that hasn't had any information released in years, but come on.

Fake. This is map from gmod. Fan-made trailer...

Fake. This is map from gmod. Fan-made trailer...
This. We've played TTT on that map many, many times.

This isn't a TTT map or a Half-Life 2: Episode 3 map. In fact, this is one of the maps created by Valve for the beta version of Half-Life 2 before it was leaked to the public. After the leak, Valve remade most of the stuff from the beta and as a result, a lot of stuff in the retail version looks completely different. As for the name of the map, it's one of the beta versions of Ravenholm made way back on 2003.

hqdefault.jpg

Ralphie, I'm pretty sure that that's not the beta Ravenholm map.

Ralphie, I'm pretty sure that that's not the beta Ravenholm map.

Like I said, "it's one of the beta versions of Ravenholm made way back on 2003.", theres tons of different versions trust me.

Back