Falling Skies

I don't think Hal could have shot Manchester as wasn't he with his family as Anne gave birth at the time? It's because of that I knew there had to be another mole. I suspected the Vice Pres lady rather than Lourdes though.
I could've sworn that the military meeting about hitting the power plant was taking place when Manchester was killed, which Hal was at. That's why I didn't think it was Hal, least they made it look like it was happening at the same time. I thought it was the VP lady as well, something still doesn't seem completely right about her though.

The thing I don't like about Lourdes being one, is I can't recall a time when she could've gotten "infected". So, they have just left it out completely at this point. Unless she was "infected" even before she was with the 2nd Mass. I'm surprised the Volm don't have technology that could scan for parasites, like some kind of metal detector or something.

Also, how did Tom suddenly get a handgun after escaping? I figured they were somewhere in the area of Charleston and it was just a house that reminded him of his. But with the notes on the fridge and bedroom. Then he pulls the gun on the cat. I guess he could've found it along the way, seems odd though. The way he escaped seemed off too.

I'm guessing we'll see Anne next season, possibly as the new face of the overlords. There's no way they go through all that just to kill her and the baby off.

I could've sworn that the military meeting about hitting the power plant was taking place when Manchester was killed, which Hal was at. That's why I didn't think it was Hal, least they made it look like it was happening at the same time. I thought it was the VP lady as well, something still doesn't seem completely right about her though.

The thing I don't like about Lourdes being one, is I can't recall a time when she could've gotten "infected". So, they have just left it out completely at this point. Unless she was "infected" even before she was with the 2nd Mass. I'm surprised the Volm don't have technology that could scan for parasites, like some kind of metal detector or something.

Also, how did Tom suddenly get a handgun after escaping? I figured they were somewhere in the area of Charleston and it was just a house that reminded him of his. But with the notes on the fridge and bedroom. Then he pulls the gun on the cat. I guess he could've found it along the way, seems odd though. The way he escaped seemed off too.

I'm guessing we'll see Anne next season, possibly as the new face of the overlords. There's no way they go through all that just to kill her and the baby off.

It was definitely during the Mason's being in the maternity room with Anne. (The Monopoly family tradition thing)
My first instinct was Lourdes for some reason, I can't explain. Maybe the way the shape behind the class moved before she killed Manchester or something. But I did change my mind between her and Marina a few times as the VP does act very weird sometimes. Like I said before, I can't figure out when they got to her either. As far as I remember, the closest she got was when the bug they took out of Tom escaped, but I don't think she even saw it go!
I'm still sure Tom is captive. Something about the end of that last episode doesn't sit right.

It was definitely during the Mason's being in the maternity room with Anne. (The Monopoly family tradition thing)
My first instinct was Lourdes for some reason, I can't explain. Maybe the way the shape behind the class moved before she killed Manchester or something. But I did change my mind between her and Marina a few times as the VP does act very weird sometimes. Like I said before, I can't figure out when they got to her either. As far as I remember, the closest she got was when the bug they took out of Tom escaped, but I don't think she even saw it go!
I'm still sure Tom is captive. Something about the end of that last episode doesn't sit right.

Maybe she got 'infected' at the hospital before they came to charleston.

Ok, so I was wayyyyyy wrong. I'm beginning to get the feeling that the show runners didn't think they'd get renewed for a 4th season and tried to tie up as much as they could, just in case... Wondering just how much will be left open for season 4 now.

I don't know, it still doesn't seem right.
So if he indeed got taken to Boston and then had to travel back he would've been gone longer than they expected. But he just shows up in a boat and is all, "Hey guys!" No one is looking for him and it doesn't seem as if they were all that worried about him being gone. Also, the phrase, "we're right back where we started," was used quite a few times. Like in his previous "dreams" where Weaver kept popping up screaming the same things and the cities being repeated. But I don't know, I'd hate to think they would use multiple episodes for those "dreams" though.

The "right back where we started" line was explained though. Its what triggered him finding out about Lourdes.

I don't know, it still doesn't seem right.
So if he indeed got taken to Boston and then had to travel back he would've been gone longer than they expected. But he just shows up in a boat and is all, "Hey guys!" No one is looking for him and it doesn't seem as if they were all that worried about him being gone. Also, the phrase, "we're right back where we started," was used quite a few times. Like in his previous "dreams" where Weaver kept popping up screaming the same things and the cities being repeated. But I don't know, I'd hate to think they would use multiple episodes for those "dreams" though.

He's done that a few times throughout the whole show though with little or no explanation to what happened in between. It's a shame it only gets 10 episode runs, otherwise we'd get more infill on these types of things.
I really enjoyed the short scene he had with Pope though. Really solidified the tentative hate/hate relationship they have. Tom knew that the one person he couldn't trust was the only person he could trust.

The "right back where we started" line was explained though. Its what triggered him finding out about Lourdes.
Aye, I remember that. Just seemed weird that the phrase kept being used. I doubt he still is dreaming/captive, but I don't know. Just some things I thought were peculiar.
He's done that a few times throughout the whole show though with little or no explanation to what happened in between. It's a shame it only gets 10 episode runs, otherwise we'd get more infill on these types of things.
I really enjoyed the short scene he had with Pope though. Really solidified the tentative hate/hate relationship they have. Tom knew that the one person he couldn't trust was the only person he could trust.
Yeah, especially this season it seems to be affected the most.

:slowclap: military leaders

So Karen can't figure out which tower the rebels will attack so as to place her defences. Captures Tom, interrogates him and lets him escape suspiciously easily with the information on which tower she is located at. Which they now plan to attack.

Way to play into her hands you muppets. Karen will be so surprised.
Dumbest strategy ever.

Welp, season's over.

I don't really blame Tom on shooting Karen. Like there was a reason to just trust her? Not to mention showing up with bodyguards and hiding her "gift." It might as well have been a ship above them firing a laser.

The Volm seem pretty chill (in the end), though I wonder what else they may or may not be hiding.
Don't know if anyone else watches the interviews with the cast afterwards, but this is it for the finale: http://www.fallingskies.com/watch/2nd-watch

My favorite is when Hal's actor describes shooting the machine gun at 12:35, haha.

Pretty damn good season finalle, with way less clifhangness than season 1 and 2, waiting eagerly for next season, want to see a human galactic empire kicking some alien ass.

I was a bit 'meh' with the season finale.

On one hand, it was cool they tied up so much (Apparently while filming they didn't think they'd get a 4th season so tried to tie up as much as possible), but at the same time I'm not in that 'oh ****, I need to know what happens next' stage that I was in previous finale's.

I've heard a lot of people wondering about the Volm and their 'hidden agenda', as put across by Karen, but to me it seems like they don't really have one. Between the conversation that Tom has with their Commander, and the subsequent conversation the Commander has with Cochise - which was out of earshot of any humans - it is making me think they are not a threat, or problem. Unless they intend to introduce a Volm 'rebel' group too?

I do look forward to season 4 though. They have been given the go ahead for a 12 episode run, instead of the usual 10. Lets hope that doesn't mean it's going to be the final one. :alien:

I get the feeling that the military tactics the Volm have developed against the fish-heads may be pretty indiscriminate. Scorched earth, mucho collateral damage kind of thing. Which is why they generally relocate all of the indigenous population despite seeming like decent guys. In the next season tensions may arise from just how much the Volm are destroying to win..?

Seems very plausible, given they landed their space ship right on top of Boston crushing the entire ****ing city.

Back