Fallout New Vegas "Lonesome Road" DLC

DEATHMASTER

The Freeman
Reaction score
Sept.20

[video=youtube_share;KICszQNDUOA]http://youtu.be/KICszQNDUOA[/video]

I am more interested in Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC, but of course I will be getting this as well.

But I mean with the Gun Runner's Arsenal you get 27 new weapons, 40 new weapon mods!

Wow, they never stop rolling out DLC for this game. I'd probably get them all but there's just something about the engine that doesn't sit right with me, I think it's the combat.

Corny voice over that I could barely understand.
From the pretty pictures though, looks cool.

And come on, Garg, you can download huge weapons packs for free.
What makes this one so special?

Corny voice over that I could barely understand.
From the pretty pictures though, looks cool.

And come on, Garg, you can download huge weapons packs for free.
What makes this one so special?
Because it's something that I can use as an excuse to give Obsidian more of my money!

I assume they're releasing a new patch with this? My quest markers have been really buggy since the last one.

I really try to enjoy this game but I still have a problem where the textures turn black on me.

Sounds like a specific problem, perhaps with your particular graphics card/drivers.

OWB was in my opinion the best DLC, except for perhaps Dead Money which I didn't play through all the way. I think OWB could've used some editing in the dialogues and the humor was a bit over the top at times. I'm looking forward to Lonesome Road, I hope it'll be a decent length and a fitting end to the DLC story arc.

Kind of unrelated.. but I bought OWB, since everyone says it's the best. When I try and enter whatever it is through the satellite, it just sorta freezes my PS3.

I tried three different times now, I don't really get what's wrong. I know it's a ****ing buggy game but come the **** on.

edit: reloaded an earlier saved and ****ed around for a bit before starting, and it worked that time.

dumb.

Heard this DLC was far too linear in comparison with the others. Has anyone had the chance to try it out yet?

the trailer alone looked linear. from what i gathered from that video, it just looked like a series of ruins inside of a canyon, over and over again.

was quite taken back that this is DLC number four. i still haven't even finished new vegas yet. should probably pick that up again at some point, just stopped playing for no reason.

Apparently the level design and atmosphere are superb, but beyond that most I've talked to seem let down by it, story-wise.

the trailer alone looked linear. from what i gathered from that video, it just looked like a series of ruins inside of a canyon, over and over again.

was quite taken back that this is DLC number four. i still haven't even finished new vegas yet. should probably pick that up again at some point, just stopped playing for no reason.

So far it's really pretty linear, yeah. You're just heading from point A to point B the whole time, with a few cool things to explore along the way. It sort of works well, though, with the way the whole thing is framed as a journey to a single, specific end. Fallout 3 and New Vegas have always basically been games about wandering, so this is an interesting change of pace. The atmosphere is really dark and intense, and the backstory of the Divide and its inhabitants is pretty unsettling. The character of Ulysses is what really brings it all together, though. He's well written and voiced, and the foreshadowing he delivers is impossible not to be drawn into. I feel like the story is what holds this DLC up. That being said, I haven't finished it, and it may well fall apart later if this final, ultimate event at the end of the road doesn't live up to all the buildup they've been doing. Which is pretty likely, to be honest. At this point I'm still loving the compelling mystery of it all, but I'd be surprised if doesn't end somewhat disappointingly.

Back