Fan art - Gabe Newell in Half-Life 3

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Professional artist, Darren Geers, has produced an amazing concept art poster for Half-Life 3. However, this poster doesn't contain your usual protagonist Gordon Freeman, or even Alyx Vance. Instead it depicts our real saviour, the one and only Gabe Newell.
[br]
As well as a poster, G-e-e-r-s has also produced a high resolution wallpaper of his work. If that wasn't enough, he has also produced this 7 minute video of the work being produced in Corel Painter and Adobe Photoshop which you can see below.
[br]
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wotmlH_2BSU?rel=0" frame allowfullscreen></iframe>​
[br]
Special thanks to eQUIV for posting this on our forums.

That's bloody hilarious! It needs framing.

I like the rendition of that HL2 track also, first time I have heard it.

Wow, awesome result. It's so nice to see how it goes from really rough lines to the final result. Step aside Gordon Freeman, Gabe Newell is the new main character! :)

Almost had me when the site loaded up, and the first words I read were "Gabe Newell" "Half-Life 3".

Sorry guys, is the new title any better?

I know what you mean. My heart skipped a beat.

I've been reading this forum and web for a very very very long time, but I've never posted something or even created an account (I think). But the reaction I had when I read "Gabe Newell in Half-Life 3" I thought OMFG and my heart almost got out of my chest. And a whole maybe interview video about half life 3 with gabe, You kidding me! Then I read Fan Art and the news... I think I'm going to hit someone :p. :frown:

:dork:

Just checking you're all paying attention :)

Well, time to get a new cyborg heart, this one is broken. =(

Wow the thread replies just got depressing haha. Nice fan art though; would be neat if Valve sent him some cool stuff for being awesome.

With skills like that, they should give him a bloody job, nevermind posters and stuff.

They should have Gaben as a player model for HL3 multiplayer