Farcry 3

I perfer shooting from the hip. More challegning, faster, less clunky gameplay. How long until HL has ironsights?!

he must of had this lens on his camera. not very practical tbh

sigma-200-500-D3R_4567.jpg

Valve would NEVER do iron sights. I personally don't mind them, but that's just not their thing.

And haha I thought that stormy, what the hell kind of camera without a MASSIVE lens zooms in to that degree.. 0_o

That trailer was immense, I just hope as someone said, it isn't all heavily scripted, and each objective can have a whole manner of things happen. I also hope really cool things like getting up behind the guy to knife him, and then throwing the knife at the other guy in front of him wasn't the ONLY time that will happen. It looks promising, but then Far Cry 2 did, and I found it hideously boring. The setting was just too dull, and too vast, the weapon malfunction thing was pointless, and as for the malaria... who the HELL thought that would be a good idea?!

I'm glad they have returned to the tropical jungle setting anyway, this is looking more like a cinematic version of Far Cry 1, which I'm okay with, as long as the gameplay isn't completely dictated by scripted events like I said before, and that the general core gameplay mechanics are smooth, you know something as little as a fire fight being really satisfying.

I can't stand having to go to iron sights to fire, screw realism it's annoying >.<

I perfer shooting from the hip. More challegning, faster, less clunky gameplay. How long until HL has ironsights?!

How is it more challenging? When a game has no ironsights, it doesn't mean you are less accurate - that accuracy bonus is already built-in - you are shooting from the hip (visually), accurately.

But I understand that you may prefer faster, less-hassle gameplay. I prefer the more realistic approach.

But I understand that you may prefer faster, less-hassle gameplay.

I also prefer the "less hassle" gameplay. However I don't mind aiming as long as it's just zoomed in without iron sights (like in Far Cry 1, and FEAR 1). The reason I have a distaste for iron sights is because they seriously obstruct the view.

Now I decided to try the hardest, Infamous, difficulty and damn, this game got hard! Maybe if I was playing with a mouse then it would be a nice challenge, but on a pad - hell, no. I quickly went down a notch, to Hardcore and am playing it on this difficulty now.

Playing on PC, I started a new game on infamous recently (completed first time on normal I think), and it can still be pretty tough. It's mostly about having control of the firefight, which means bringing along the right weapon for the job (not shotguns, they're useless), approaching the area carefully to get an advantage, and then keeping track the enemies as best you can. Get caught out by more than a couple guys and you're toast, even with mouse control.

But yeah, having to contend with every outpost along the way is a major strain on my patience, especially when I have to be careful about each and every one.

Now that we can pick mushrooms, I'm definitely going to be getting this game.

Seems like there may be quite a bit of scripted button sequences. Eh. But voice acting was pretty good.

Edit: wtf, Gamestop?

If there are quick time events, I won't be buying. Press X not to die is the biggest gimmick in FPS design ever, and it should have died in the 1990s.

If there are quick time events, I won't be buying. Press X not to die is the biggest gimmick in FPS design ever, and it should have died in the 1990s.

Eh? What games from the 90s had quicktime events?

Wait you mean the torture rack thing? First of all that was a one-off, and second it wasn't technically a "press X to not die" thing as you still continued if you failed it, it just changed the outcome of the game slightly, which was actually pretty cool.

Unless you're talking about something else, it's been too ages since I played MGS.

Eh? What games from the 90s had quicktime events?
They seemed to be growing as a fad for a while in the 90s, following the slew of console versions of 'animated adventures' like the Dragon's Lair series, Road Avenger, etc. They also often seemed to be used as a unique selling point eg. in games like Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka.

Wait you mean the torture rack thing? First of all that was a one-off, and second it wasn't technically a "press X to not die" thing as you still continued if you failed it, it just changed the outcome of the game slightly, which was actually pretty cool.

Unless you're talking about something else, it's been too ages since I played MGS.
MGS managed that tastefully, but it was symptomatic of a wider trend of idiotic use of that stuff. When the final outcome of the campaign in Modern Warfare 3 comes down to slapping a button really quickly just to create tension, that pisses me the **** off.

They seemed to be growing as a fad for a while in the 90s, following the slew of console versions of 'animated adventures' like the Dragon's Lair series, Road Avenger, etc.

Talking about 'animated adventures', I remember LucasArts' Full Throttle, the first adventure game to make me think that Lucas was going downhill.

MGS managed that tastefully, but it was symptomatic of a wider trend of idiotic use of that stuff. When the final outcome of the campaign in Modern Warfare 3 comes down to slapping a button really quickly just to create tension, that pisses me the **** off.

It's still a weird example to use. Might as well cite all those old track and field games that made you mash left and right to run faster. :p

But anyway the important thing is **** QTEs.

Talking about 'animated adventures', I remember LucasArts' Full Throttle, the first adventure game to make me think that Lucas was going downhill.
NfbO3.jpg

What did you say? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome Full Throttle was.

It's still a weird example to use. Might as well cite all those old track and field games that made you mash left and right to run faster. :p

But anyway the important thing is **** QTEs.

That :p smiley stills weirds me out. Also, yes, **** QTEs.

Eyeroll @ all the teenagers who are like "whoaa bro, u can do shroomz in dis game aha awesummmmm I'm buyin it, totally 60 dollars."

Yeah **** kids who like things. Young c*nts, why can't they be as jaded as me.

Also, something about Far Cry 2 makes me physically ill. I was curious if anyone else felt similar and it seems a lot of people experienced nausea from the game. It's definitely a combination of the movement blur and the hue of everything.

Ditto. That combined with finding it obscenely boring makes it the worst FPS I've ever played.

Yeah **** kids who like things. Young c*nts, why can't they be as jaded as me.

Yeah **** kids who criticize things. Young c*nts, why can't they like every mediocre $60 dollar game produced by Ubisoft, that rallies its consumers on a trivial gimmick rather than core gameplay improvements?

- “It’s a set-piece designed to show off the fact that, despite Far Cry 3′s madness theme, the game is still, in Hay’s words, ‘a shooter first’”
- No weapon degradation

So it'll be an actual Far Cry sequel instead of some shitty RPG that beat the series to death and stole its ID? That's good to hear.

From what I've seen this is the real Far Cry sequel, that Africa thing was an impostor.

Valve would NEVER do iron sights. I personally don't mind them, but that's just not their thing.

And haha I thought that stormy, what the hell kind of camera without a MASSIVE lens zooms in to that degree.. 0_o

That trailer was immense, I just hope as someone said, it isn't all heavily scripted, and each objective can have a whole manner of things happen. I also hope really cool things like getting up behind the guy to knife him, and then throwing the knife at the other guy in front of him wasn't the ONLY time that will happen. It looks promising, but then Far Cry 2 did, and I found it hideously boring. The setting was just too dull, and too vast, the weapon malfunction thing was pointless, and as for the malaria... who the HELL thought that would be a good idea?!

I'm glad they have returned to the tropical jungle setting anyway, this is looking more like a cinematic version of Far Cry 1, which I'm okay with, as long as the gameplay isn't completely dictated by scripted events like I said before, and that the general core gameplay mechanics are smooth, you know something as little as a fire fight being really satisfying.

The Kar98 and M1 Garand in Day of Defeat: Source.

I am the only one that thinks that a game like far cry needs dinosaurs? cuz even while playing the crisis demo I was kinda like waiting for a dinosaur to pop up,they shoud add dinosaurs

Ever since I first played Far Cry I've thought that it would be awesome if they tried to do something like "Trespasser" on the cryengine.

Back