Source 2 expectations?

Reaction score
Do you think the game will get a major overhaul for the Source 2 engine? maybe even, better?

Could it be as dramatic a jump through time like Half-Life 1 to Half-Life 2?
hl2-eli_q02.jpg

dr_kleiner.jpg

half-life.jpg

What do you think or hope the engine assets will make possible? fluid and particle physics? cloth physics?
Okay, to be frank, I honestly don't really understand most of the assets for Source Engine, but graphics wise, what exactly would or could it bring to Half-Life? High expectations can be a risky place, but I think we have to give them credit, For Valve though, the most innovative companies of the gaming industry, they have certainly come far, from 1998 to 2011.
HalfLife_PC_10.jpg

1355_0005.jpg

glados-625x500.jpg

portal2-2021-04-26-21-23-44-85.jpg

Think back to Half-Life 2 2003, the first tech demos, just that feeling of awe with the facial animation, NPC ai, lighting, texture, material, water reflection, ambient lighting, scripted sequences, seeing things that weren't possible in that time, then think back to Portal 2 at e3, blob particles, advanced shadows, it almost manages to top Half-Life 2. When Half-Life 3 comes (sooner or later) what will it bring to the table? what secrets does it hold for programming and entity coding, open-world mapping, real-time liquid physics, hyper-realistic rendering?

i think you answered your own question.

what will source 2 bring?...hmmm lets see.....more of everything sounds about right

Back