Farscape

B_MAN

Tank
Reaction score
does anyone watch this show?
ive seen a couple of episodes, and i think its great! very unique
thinkin about really trying to get into it, just wondering if there's anyone here thats a hardcore fan
farscape02_1024.jpg

Love it. That simple. It's very unique. It does take time getting used to but once you do it's that much more sweeter.

I watched it, not becasue I liked it especially, but more out of force of habit. Eventually I got very attached to it. Didnt like the ending.

I used to watch alot of it when it first came about. Then lost track. Then watched another the other day - truly god awful dialouge. Never remembered it so bad...

I watched it frequently when it was first on BBC2. I kind of liked it even though some bits were painfully bad, and the main human guy was scripted to be so Wacky(tm). I suspect he wasn't even American either since his accent seemed forced. But there were some cool storylines.

The other night there was a Farscape movie on TV which I never even knew existed. It was like 3 hours long and I had no idea where it fit in the series since it hadn't been on TV for so long. Ah well.

I used to watch it when it was on BBC 2, I can't remember much about it though.

I'm on Season 3 right now and I'm really digging this show.
Hilarious, heart wrenching, and intense.

It does have a few episodes that really make you wonder what the **** the writer's were smoking though.

It does have a few episodes that really make you wonder what the **** the writer's were smoking though.

Hahaha yes.

Season 3 is probably my favourite. It's the "Season of loss" and there are so many things that you get to see that most shows wouldn't dare do.

One of the things that's noteworthy is that Farscape was canceled before its final season but enough uproar from the fans got a miniseries made that wrapped things up. And it's actually good.

I suspect he wasn't even American either since his accent seemed forced.

He was virtually the only American in the series, almost everyone else was played by Australians!

Anyway, yeah, Farscape is good fun, havent seen it in years though.

Amazing series, just finished watching Peacekeeper Wars.
I could've watched atleast 2 more seasons easily... I was saddened to realize that it was over after watching the miniseries. :(

Alright I'll pick this up too, no clue what it's about but damn I bet I'll like it.

He was virtually the only American in the series, almost everyone else was played by Australians!

Anyway, yeah, Farscape is good fun, havent seen it in years though.

There were 2 american actors, Ben Browder (John Crichton) and the guy that plays his father.

It was LOL in that episode where they arrive on Earth and that guy who was supposed to be a representative of the American government, was speaking with and Australian accent. :LOL:

Damn, it was an awesome series. Sparky was always great comic relief.

Love, Love, Love FarScape. To the point of having autographed memorabilia. I had a Farscape shot glass, but it broke :(. It was graduated, I believe the first smallest level was Rygel :). It sucks to hear Jon Hardy's gone :( :(

Terrible news.

In the end, I'd say I really loved the show, from start to finish.

This is very sad news. :(

I'd say I really loved the show, from start to finish.

I'm with you, except that 80% of Season 1 is awful. Probably the single reason that I haven't done a complete viewing of this show in 3+ years is because I'd have to crawl through the pile of aborted fetuses that is Season 1.

Well, with science-fiction of this kind in a television show it guarantees there's going to be total garbage and half-baked ideas throughout its entire run. Farscape is rife with shitty, ill-conceived science-fiction ideas and wobbly plot / character arcs throughout. I don't remember S1 being the worst example of this though.

Farscape was ok, but not one of the best examples in the genre. Having Jim Henson puppets gets it bonus points of course...

Well, with science-fiction of this kind in a television show it guarantees there's going to be total garbage and half-baked ideas throughout its entire run. Farscape is rife with shitty, ill-conceived science-fiction ideas and wobbly plot / character arcs throughout. I don't remember S1 being the worst example of this though.

Each season definitely has a series of weak episodes, but most of them have some really strong ones, too. Season 2 has a series of episodes I love (Look at the Princess trilogy, The Locket, Die Me Dichotomy). Season 3 has Infinite Possibilities, The Choice, Fractures, Into the Lion's Den. And 4 has, if nothing else, Unrealised Reality, one of the best episodes of television ever.

Season 1 doesn't have very much going for it. Crais is a mediore villain (though I do like where his arc goes). Scorpius, who is one of my favourite villains of all time from any media at all, doesn't appear until nearly the end. The "Crichton knows about wormholes" stuff hasn't really kicked in yet for most of it. It just doesn't have as much direction.

Then again, as I said, I haven't watched through most of the show in a long time, so it's possible that the other seasons are worse than I remember.

The only episodes I hate in this show are the ones that are over the top ridiculous. Like the one that's basically a Loony Tunes cartoon, or the one where Crichton and Chiana are stuck in a VR game, or the one where Crichton and Dargo loose all their money on a pleasure planet and they come up with stupid stories to explain it to Pilot.

Can't say that I ever truly hated any episode of the series.

The cast just makes it so enjoyable to watch.

Back