Father Gregory?

Straylight

Reaction score
In the gamespy e3 video (the huge one), when the player first reaches the roof where he shoots the support out from under that beam that swings down and hit the soldiers, the narrator says something like "This part of the city has been booby trapped by a friend of yours named Father Gregory (or some name similar. Gregori?) who is sort of a survivalist monk."
I thought he was joking but in the IGN preview, during the part where Valve was showing off allied characters there is this paragraph:

"There are also two nameless guys in this room, a priest and a man in an orange jumpsuit. Doug explains them as the Huggie Bears of the game. They're friendly enough but their motives still might be bad. "

The orange jumpsuit guy is probably a prisoner of some sort seeing as we have a prison level but could this priest actually be the same Father Gregory who leaves a propeller in the middle of a street for you to chop down zombies with?

-Straylight

i don't think he'd just fabricate information to a joke.. it most likely is the same person..

we uncover yet more information on HL2, theres gonna be tons of new stuff when the games released :D

Hopefully though we wont find out too much to spoil it. At elast thats how i feel. Like when i was younger i used to peak at my presents at Christmas, but if i saw one id get annoyed because it would ruin the surprise.;(

But i agree finding out this stuff is fun.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Hopefully though we wont find out too much to spoil it. At elast thats how i feel. Like when i was younger i used to peak at my presents at Christmas, but if i saw one id get annoyed because it would ruin the surprise.;(

But i agree finding out this stuff is fun.

Exactly.. if a leaked beta or demo came out, I think I wouldn't actually play it, as I'd want to keep all my expectations up for the full thing.

I don't think that all these small stuff will spoil the game. if a alpha would be leked.. it would be pretty bad.. I hope there wont be an alpha or something similar. It ****ed up doom3 and it will **** up hl2

i really hope they tie the priest into the story somehow so the whole implausable idea of a monk running around setting up traps for you seems less... stupid.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Exactly.. if a leaked beta or demo came out, I think I wouldn't actually play it, as I'd want to keep all my expectations up for the full thing.

coughcoughbucoughllcoughshitcoughcough

Originally posted by Straylight
In the gamespy e3 video (the huge one), when the player first reaches the roof where he shoots the support out from under that beam that swings down and hit the soldiers, the narrator says something like "This part of the city has been booby trapped by a friend of yours named Father Gregory (or some name similar. Gregori?) who is sort of a survivalist monk."
I thought he was joking but in the IGN preview, during the part where Valve was showing off allied characters there is this paragraph:

"There are also two nameless guys in this room, a priest and a man in an orange jumpsuit. Doug explains them as the Huggie Bears of the game. They're friendly enough but their motives still might be bad. "

The orange jumpsuit guy is probably a prisoner of some sort seeing as we have a prison level but could this priest actually be the same Father Gregory who leaves a propeller in the middle of a street for you to chop down zombies with?

-Straylight

wow dude you guys must just watch those videos over and over and over just searching for something to talk about in the forums.

Oh. I guess that's why you have almost 100 more posts than I do THUGENSTEIN :).

I remembered this because I thought the "survivialist monk" was a joke at the time and so I was supprised I saw that the press was shown a priest model as one of your allies. I actually posted this to see if you guys thought it was a joke.

-Straylight

Oh. I guess that's why you have almost 100 more posts than I do THUGENSTEIN :).

I remembered this because I thought the "survivialist monk" was a joke at the time and so I was supprised I saw that the press was shown a priest model as one of your allies. I actually posted this to see if you guys thought it was a joke.

-Straylight

oh bullshit. most of my 100+ posts are just like this. Telling other's how pointless their posts are. Its quite fun.
Atleast i dont start pointless threads.

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
oh bullshit. most of my 100+ posts are just like this. Telling other's how pointless their posts are. Its quite fun.
Atleast i dont start pointless threads.

:x

-Straylight
Father Gregori sounds like a nice person :rolleyes:

I thought priests were...... nice guyes you know ppl you could trust.... and the soldiers are just doing their jobs....... how cruel! I hate that man.

Oh and it's obviously clear I'm a supporter of the humans or aliens who try to kill GF, cos I hate his ass :D stupid scientists.
That was actually the best part of HL1, shooting the scientists up.

I wonder if a priest posts on this forum, :bounce: ,hell be p*ssed

Originally posted by Sparky the Fox
indeed. you just make unnecessarily crabby replies :p

unneccesarily crappy replies to unneccessarily crappy threads.

Originally posted by EVIL
Why is this a pointless thread?

well... i guess id say its more of a speculation thread. No one has any clue who this father gregory dude is. And im sure the guy who started it knows that. Pretty much anything that anyone here knows for sure and what knows not for sure, no one else will know any more than that. We were all given a certain amount of info and no one got any more than anyone else. you feel me, son? :afro:

What a privilege.

HEY NOW! You want me to change my debating list, young man!? :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Originally posted by THUGENSTEIN
HEY NOW! You want me to change my debating list, young man!? :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

No, I wouldn't want to attain a placement on your "Don't like" list. Not at all.

No, I wouldn't want to attain a placement on your "Don't like" list. Not at all.

ok good. Dont you question my thugged out authoritaaaahhh!

LOL. We have a huge thread called "HL2 Theories" and you're complaining because I'm "speculating." If you want to just read the new info about the game, why not just browse the main pages of several HL fan sites and wait for news? You can even post comments about news on some of them. I see nothing wrong with bringing up theories and speculation on this board and judging from the length of the theories thread neither do most people.

Oh, nice sig man but seeing as your self-proclaimed role on these fourms is to go around critisizing other peoples' posts, I'm glad to be where I am.

-Straylight

LOL. We have a huge thread called "HL2 Theories" and you're complaining because I'm "speculating." If you want to just read the new info about the game, why not just browse the main pages of several HL fan sites and wait for news? You can even post comments about news on some of them. I see nothing wrong with bringing up theories and speculation on this board and judging from the length of the theories thread neither do most people.

Oh, nice sig man but seeing as your self-proclaimed role on these fourms is to go around critisizing other peoples' posts, I'm glad to be where I am.

-Straylight

wow dude you should read some things which i said in other threads. I said i jokilly put down stupid ideas for fun, i dont mean any of the shit i say. calm down now.

/me looks @ bonzanaguy's per day postcount - you dont tell me that you post 25 post's a day and have in every post very usefull stuff. You post shit also. just like me and the rest on this gdmn board (that I like :eek:) so STFU about THUGG's post's

this is true, but atleast i post on the topic and not just flame other people :D

Back