Favourite Cult Movies

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
What are your fave cult movies ..please no "the Matrix" or "Lord of the rings" choices, no mainstream..cult movies only

Bladerunner
Man Bites Dog (french)
Run Lola Run (german)
Dia De la Bestia (spanish)
Memento
Pie
The Crow
The Lost Boys
The Thing
Slaughterhouse Five
Escape From New York

Star Wars
Godfather
Clockwork Orange
The Sting
The Great Dictator

star wars and godfather are NOT cult movies

these arent either:

raiders of the lost ark
e.t.
titanic

does clockwork orange count?

also, rocky horror?

ZARDOZ <3

spiderman
daddy daycare
harry potter and the sorcerer's stone

Lil' Timmy said:
the little mermaid
you've got mail
braveheart

ARGGGHHHH!!! * beats lil timmy about the head with copy of "the big book of movies" *

ARGGGHHHH!!! * beats self about the head with copy of "the big book of movies" and shoots lil timmy :E *

with.. my.... dying.. breath........

home alone
toy story
independence day...

*gurggle...

:x

Westworld
Dark City
Cube
Donnie Darko
Memento
Blade Runner

...I'd also say 12 Monkeys and Reservoir Dogs, but I don't know if they count as cult movies. :p

ARGGGHHHH!!! * does strange things with copy of "the big book of movies" to lil timmy's body *

KagePrototype said:
Westworld
Dark City
Cube
Donnie Darko
Memento
Blade Runner

...I'd also say 12 Monkeys and Reservoir Dogs, but I don't know if they count as cult movies. :p

they do :)

nice choices btw :)

Dark City
Memento
Man Bites Dog
Run Lola Run
Pi
The Big Lebowski
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (does this count?)
Versus
Army of Darkness

Icarusintel said:
Dark City
Memento
Man Bites Dog
Run Lola Run
Pi
The Big Lebowski
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (does this count?)
Versus
Army of Darkness

heh I thought I was the only person who's seen Man Bites Dog ...man that movie is insane ...good but insane

lil' timmy's ghost! said:
boo and whatnot!

home alone 2!!
toy story 2!!
jurassic park 2!!!

boo.. boo i say!
you can't win stern >:]

ARGGGHHHH!!!! *performs excorcism from passages from the "big book of movies"*

lol! hehe ...where's the messiah when you need him?

Suicide Club (Japanese) Basiclly about children commiting suicide

Ran (Japanese) Japanese power is shared between 3 sons who then go to war with each other.

7 Samuria (Japanese) 7 samuria are hired to protect a farming village from pesents and theifts

Brother (Japanese/American) A brother from the japanese mafia (forgot the name) comes to america after killing a very high up mafia leader. He finds his brother is a petty theift and begins to start up his own empire. He builds it up and starts war ending with death.

American History X (American) Do I need to explain this? Neo-Nazi's

Fight Club (American) Doesn't need explaining

Momento (American) Lets go backwards.

City Of God (Brazilian) The story of a boy photographer living in the crappy areas in braziul somewhere

Vanilla Sky (American)

Audition (Japanese) A man needs a wife after his wife died, he seeks a wife from acting auditions and ends up picking a mentally disturbed woman, although he finds him self believeing she is a normal loving woman as he goes slightly crazy from lonlyness.

Hana Bi (Japanese) Gay Samuria

Zotoichi (Japanese) Blind Samuria

Dark City (American) Dark.... weird people who can tune molding the world around them.

Freezer (Japanese) Woman get raped as a child and her abusers come back to **** her again, she retaliates kills them and put them in freezers and turns into a weird fetish thingy.

Casshern (Japanese) Based on why humans shouldn't kill each other and basiclly how pathetic we are, the story kinda sucks but its the most visually stunning film I have ever seen.

Some of thema re not cult films, soz.

oh I almost forgot Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

some nice choices Ichi

CptStern said:
heh I thought I was the only person who's seen Man Bites Dog ...man that movie is insane ...good but insane
yeah, that movie's got one hell of a premise, and an even better follow through, and as disturbing as it may be, its a helluva good film
edit: forgot Ghost Dog, American History X, Suicide Club, all good movies

Icarusintel said:
yeah, that movie's got one hell of a premise, and an even better follow through, and as disturbing as it may be, its a helluva good film
edit: forgot Ghost Dog, American History X, Suicide Club, all good movies

the movie worked so well because there was little to no violence (well the birthday scene being the exception :) )

I also forgot:

Dead Man
Down By Law
Delicatessen
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

All I did was read out my DVDs from my collection :p I have them all on DVD.

CptStern said:
oh I almost forgot Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

some nice choices Ichi

Wait a minute. American History X is a cult movie, but not the Godfather?

What qualifies a movie as being a cult-classic?

The_Monkey said:
Wait a minute. American History X is a cult movie, but not the Godfather?

technically I think a cult film is a film from a different culture than your own.

IchI said:
technically I think a cult film is a film from a different culture than your own.

no no, a cult movie is a movie that doesnt have a lot of success when released in the theaters, but through a dedicated fan base it achieves quasi-success

battleroyale
suicideclub
alien
7samurai
thecrow

damn.. forgot some..

The_Monkey said:
The Great Dictator

agreed, although i think Modern Times owns it, even though it's a pantomime. some lenghty parts in the Dictator. but you sure can't beat the ending speech. did someone actually ever made a better speech than that one?

my fave cult movies must be
requiem for a dream, by far
and maybe dog day afternoon
and reservoir dogs i guess.

i don't know why I can't stand Fight Club. probably didn't like the FUKC YOU from the screenwriter at the end.

Back