Favourite game mode?

Well?

• Total voters
I'd have to say its vs still.

But scavenge is awesome for short bursts of vs play.

If you got good teamwork you're pretty much unstoppable in scavenge, unless of course the other team is communicating well too.

Yeah, if you find a good team the games can get really close and competitive. With pubs though most people we play against get steamrolled pretty bad.

I like the new scoring system in vs also, it doesn't allow one team to get too far ahead, like in l4d it really wasnt uncommon for one team to be 5000 points ahead making it unwinnable for the other team, hence the rage quitting.

Though there is still a lot of rage quitting in L4D2 I've found. Even if just one round has been played well by us, the other teams dont seem to bother to try. Hopefully people will get better and more confident soon, hoping for more teams to start using the team vs mode too, there only ever seems to be one or two teams using it at any one time.

Let's hope it's not becoming a trend. Ragequitting seems to be a lot more prevalent in the original L4D these days. And it's even understandable, to a degree; lately, I've been in several games (play pub most of the time) where I had extremely inexperienced/non-cooperative fellow team members. Nothing more frustrating than losing a match, knowing this wouldn't have happened had the team been a little more alert.

Developer commentary.

Actually, I rather enjoy multiplayer campaign.

Back