feedback map

Kopie van map.jpg gave me a hint on your nationality. And it has nothing to do with anything, I was just being curious.

Seems like that layout is a good an needed change. And good thing you got the machine back and running.

I've been doing some work on a new empty version of the new map layout. Also redid the lightning units on the ceiling, the new way should demanding less performance.
More importantly I made a first basic route. Now the route should be far more limited. If you have ANY ideas on how this could be better gameplay wise, please let me know. Also this one should be easy to understand.
You must understand that the terrorist have captured this part of the tower for a time now and made it their own(a part of the tower where the terrors are, should be pretty ****ed up.

also I added an empty version of the map layout. Feel free to make a version yourself.

Attachments

• map_layout, empty.jpg
    map_layout, empty.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 221
  • map_layout, layout1.JPG
    map_layout, layout1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 226
Seems to me like you are getting there although I still get the feeling that there are plenty of places to hide out that are not needed. But that might be because I dont see the whole picture like you do. Some screens could be nice.

It's just the layout from which I am working at the moment. If I would do it all and then change it afterwards. It costs me whole lot of work ( I learned that during this... :) ) So I wanted to view this from every angle and make sure I got the right layout. If you have any comments that include drastic changes please say it as soon as possible. But expect more screens this weekend.

Just keep in mind where you want the battles to happen. Time it.

When working with vertical battles one must keep in mind that its usualy alot faster to go down then to go up. So basically make sure that T's cant get to CT spawn too fast. And also give the CT's plenty of cover since you are at a natural disadvantage coming from below. And make use of the ragdolls when you have this elevation. Falling dead guys always is fun to see. :p

I was thinking of making a free passage to the third floor for the ct's, by closing the doors of one of the stairways on the second floor.

Never make one-way routes. Make them very "damn-it'd-be-stupid-to-take-this-route" from the other teams point of view. But never one-way.

it won't be one way. But it should give ct the possibility to go to the third floor and also fight from top to down to the second floor, that way the chances are more even.

Back