FFXIII and Versus XIII

Yeah, that doesn't really make me feel any more inclined towards getting FFXIII or any of the future games related to it.

I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way on here.;)

I agree with Bad^Hat. The game so far has failed to catch my attention.

I dont get it. Is it a bad thing that the games are story driven?

Also, I got all the way to the point of downloading and installing the divx web player for this.

I dont get it. Is it a bad thing that the games are story driven?
"Story-driven" in this case means "on rails." You want to explore? No, screw you. 'Overworld map?' What the hell is that?

I'm about 10-ish hours in... it's "okay" so far, nothing to write home about. I'm really not a fan of the battle system at all, and I'm not really getting a good grasp on setting. So far it's just been hopping from one weirdo set-piece to another, and the whole switching characters thing is ****ing annoying when you have to play someone that blows (like Snow).

So far, last year's Star Ocean installment has it beat quite handily, and that game had some ANNOYING characters...

"Story-driven" in this case means "on rails." You want to explore? No, screw you. 'Overworld map?' What the hell is that?

I rarely did any exploring if FF games, random encounters and all, no towns is strange

I don't find FFXIII that bad at all but I've only played a handful of FF games. also i love the cutescenes i mean cutscenes.

Found a review that sum my feelings up pretty well.

Team Xbox via Kotaku said:
Make no mistake-you'll be fighting a lot...You won't be facing random battles as you traverse through fields and forests. Instead, you're running down narrow hallways waiting for monsters to jump you. And, for the most part, you can't avoid enemy encounters, except when the game goes out of its way to tell you that you can: "Hey, check out that lumbering brute over there! It might be a good idea to run past him!" In those cases, yes, you can magically make your way past foes. But unless you use items that specifically enable you to avoid enemies, you're constantly getting jumped by the next mob of monsters around the corner. Unfortunately, without the conventional RPG downtime of towns and other assorted free exploration, that means that you're constantly on edge. There's no reward for getting through a dungeon; your reward is…well, another dungeon.

No towns + no overworld map = no sale.

It also = not a true FF game in my book.

I am totally skipping this one even though XII was my favorite in YEARS. Right up there with VI for sheer joy of playing.

No towns + no overworld map = no sale.

It also = not a true FF game in my book.

Agreed. I was expecting the usual FF formula on a much larger scale - huge world map, towns, villages and cities everywhere. In every FF it's an epic moment when you first get an airship or chocobo to ride and the world opens up. That's what I want!

Im about 36 hours in and **** the haters it's sweet as hell. The combat system is probably the best they've had in years.

Also im surprised to see 12 getting so much love in here because that game was horrible.

Im about 36 hours in and **** the haters it's sweet as hell. The combat system is probably the best they've had in years.

Also im surprised to see 12 getting so much love in here because that game was horrible.

You was horrible!

P.S. I know the grammar in that sentence is incorrect.

Good news!!!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII's director, Tetsuya Nomura, has confirmed that his contribution to the Fabula Nova Crystallis saga will create a fine illusion of freedom, with a world map and old school airships.

"you can fly across the world map in an air ship," confirms Nomura.
Source. (via Destructoid)

Woohoo!! Day One Buy Confirmed!! (Well, probably. Assuming it is as awesome as I am thinking it will be right now.)

Back