Fighting Advisors

Reaction score
Well, it seems to be implied that we'll be fighting advisors as bosses, though we can't be sure. However, how will we fight them? How could we resist their incredible telekinetic powers?

This is my current guess, effective against all giant space slugs...
salt-shaker.jpg

Most likelly, there will be some sort of device to be activated/deactivated in order to deal them dammage or something like this.

Most likelly, there will be some sort of device to be activated/deactivated in order to deal them dammage or something like this.

a robotic salt-encrusted cat.

actually that could be why they're draining the earth's seas, to get rid of the salt.

yea, fighting advisors would be cool, maybe u like get the pheropods back and antlions swarm all over them :D

??? wtf tollbooth willie lmao do u just enjoy saying shitflinging bloodrage? haha

if you play Epidsode 2 you will hear one of the vortigaunts tell you that they are off to fight some Advisors, so no doubt that you will get some lessons from them on how to fight them.

if you play Epidsode 2 you will hear one of the vortigaunts tell you that they are off to fight some Advisors, so no doubt that you will get some lessons from them on how to fight them.

Well I remember the Vort that accompanied Gordon and Alyx to the muscle car in EP2 actually said his fellow Vorts would continue to find unhatched advisors (Shu'ulathoi), probably to destroy them before they could hatch from the Advisor pod. He didn't say anything about fighting them while they were already up and go:)

As much as i would love fighting those pesky advisers, i really think its gonna be more of a cinematic thing than an actual fight.
i mean Gordon with a rocket launcher firing against the (supreme) adviser? hahah :p
please.
that would just ruin the whole adviser profile! not to mention the whole feel of the game.

Commandeer a hunter chopper and bring them down mid-flight. Those things are piloted, aren't they?

have you played any of the episodes?

Yes, I've played both episodes. I'm not asking if Advisors are piloted, I'm asking if Hunter Choppers are. I don't remember if that is mentioned or not.

i'll stop with the sarcasm...no you cant pilot anything besides an airboat and a car

i'll stop with the sarcasm...no you cant pilot anything besides an airboat and a car

I'm not asking if the player has ever piloted one, I'm asking if the vehicles themselves ARE FLOWN BY PILOTS and not automated like the gunships and Striders. Are they?

Well Valve did mention in episode two commentary that youl have to fight at least one advisor directly in ep. 3
It is impossible to take them down. But Dog managed to hurt one. It seems that their concentration on their powers is broken when pain is inflicted. Maybe the rebels will use crossfire or something, idk. Anyway judging from the number of advisors that left the Citadel before the explosion it seems that Combine might have the upper hand now. One them extracted information from Eli so it is unknown what will happen.

Turns out that, yes, Hunter choppers are flown by people, not automated. I would so freakin' love to kill an advisor behind the wheel of one of those things. Would need a distraction so that it doesn't just bring it down with its Telekinesis though........hurm.......ALYX, GET NAKED!

Killing an Advisor in a Chopper would be too much of a cliché and boring for the most part.

That sounds kinda stupid - chopper vs advisor. Well if dog or something can distract it... I don't think that the same will work twice. Besides Advisor could take the chopper down easily and then kill the rebels. But the whole helicopter vs advisor thing looks pretty impossible. Unless Magnusson would invent sonic weapons or something like that to fight them. ...

That sounds kinda stupid - chopper vs advisor. Well if dog or something can distract it... I don't think that the same will work twice. Besides Advisor could take the chopper down easily and then kill the rebels. But the whole helicopter vs advisor thing looks pretty impossible. Unless Magnusson would invent sonic weapons or something like that to fight them. ...
I don't know.....Valve will think of something appropriate. I still want to fly one of those things for something, though.

I just want to see slug innards cover the surface of the snow.........

Anyone else think that "Advisor" is a really shit name for them.

I just can't take it seriously.

Like they are some kind of race of overweight Accountants.

I once saw in a Youtube video a guy who noclipped or something to a island with the 2 advisors that pop up in the end of ep 2, but they didn't move or anything. Just ragdolls frozen in mid-air. But, you can shoot them, whack them, do anything to hurt them and hit marks will show up.
Yes, in the bit after that it shows the ep 2 ending with the advisors with the hit marks that were on Advisor Island.
(As in hit marks, I mean marks that sometimes show up on a corpse when you whack/shoot them with a gun or the crowbar.)

I would love to see the return of the Gluon gun for use against the Advisers.

Gibbing them into green slime would be epic.

Most likey a new weapon/Gadget will be made to fight them, unless the Gman has something to do with it ;)

Back