Fire at Universal Studios

Kakashi

Spy
Reaction score
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - One of Hollywood's largest movie studios starred in a disastrous sequel Sunday as a fire ripped through a lot at Universal Studios, destroying a set from "Back to the Future," a King Kong exhibit and a streetscape seen frequently in movies and TV shows.
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20080601/Studio.Fire/

I'm sure you guys heard about it on the news, I think its terrible. I didn't see this posted anywhere else. I'm a huge fan of Universal and their movie backlot. But I'm sure they'll rebuild the old sets, it won't be the same though. The iconic Back To The Future courthouse is gone, along with the King Kong portion of the tour, the film vault, and a few sets from "Ghost Whisperer".

Whichever one of you weighs less than a duck shall be burned!

No one was killled and:

"We have duplicates of everything," said NBC Universal President and Chief Operating Officer Ron Meyer. "Nothing is lost forever."

This is fire is not exactly some big tragedy, some bullshit movie sets or whatever were lost, big deal?
I care more for the minor injuries sustained by the firefighters.

*awaits impending, swift, internet death from movie lovers*

Back to the Future is not a bullshit movie :frown:

I bet even this fire is CGI.. :hmph:

</cynical>

pretty intense footage on the news yesterday. Fire caused the roof to collapse, and a deputy and firefighter were injured after a few propane (and propane accessories) exploded. Other than that, it wasn't me, i'm more of a thief than an arsonist. I just wish i had my camera when i passed it, smoke blotted out the sun.

Meh...

Wonder what started it...

Maybe some fat guy farting on some CGI Fire?

*sniffs*

Maybe...

what if michael bay was inside and never came out?

LOS ANGELES - A fire that burned through a large swath of the Universal Studios Hollywood back lot during the weekend was accidentally sparked by workers using heating tools on a film set, fire officials said on Monday.

He said an investigation revealed the fire was touched off by three members of a studio work crew who had been using a blow torch to apply asphalt shingles to the roof of a building facade.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20080601/ENTERTAINMENT-FIRE-UNIVERSAL-DC/

what if michael bay was inside and never came out?
Then Uwe Boll would have to beat up his charred corpse.

Saw some guy on the news talking about this, all distraught, talking about how much of a loss it was. "Think of all the stuff that's happened here, I mean, Transformers! Spiderman 3!"

Yeah.

Back