Firefall: persistant open world team based shooter looks like tons of fun

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Firefall is a PC game scheduled for release at the end of 2011. It is a team-based action shooter combining character progression in a persistent open world that can be shared with hundreds of other players along side a competitive multiplayer experience that incorporates things like ladders, tournaments and clan support.

hang gliders = awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DjTS9_DtNc&feature=player_embedded#

suffers a bit from the in-your-face--happy-fun-sunshine-seizure-inducing madness inherent in most asian games

Open world FPS sounds pretty damn cool but if I'd actually be interested depends on how the PVP works.

Free-to-play = instant interest. Looks fun.

free to play means is all free or just no monthly fees?

Wait, this is FREE TO PLAY? Microtransactions are inevitable but to step into a game world of that quality and size for free... I came.

Of course there will be microtransactions, or something similar. As much as people scoff at companies like Blizz for making bank on subs, they do have to pay server maintenance somehow. So unless you want ads on every other surface...

I was gonna say something snarky about Planetside but then I shut my mouth the hell up when I saw the trailer.

Back