First HL2 Desktop wallpaper C&C Plz

nice editing, i would never use it, though :)

and whats that mold stuff growing?

i dont know it just needed something at the bottom.

You think it should be smaller?

its a really messy wallpaper but messy is okay, theres something in it i cant put my finger on though, something that destracts the eye
i can give my point of view on the things i can spot though, i would probably remove the strider (or striderish creature if its not a strider) it ruins the lines of the image and the text needs to be a diffrent color (maybe a bit darker grey) and font so it blends with the image, it just stands out too much because the colors seams very simple compared to the rest of the image

hope i helped :D

cool, its better for sure, though i still say loose the strider or atleast move it or something

by the way i forgot to say before, i like the valve in there- nice touch ;)

the bright colors on the valve throw it off, other than that its alright I guess

that valve is just hurting my eyes... i can see that it took a lot of skillz tho ;)

yeah i still like the valve though, it gives a outa place effect to it
i think thats cool

maybe you could scale it a tiny bit down and move it more to the right, that might make it look less agressive

I personally dont like the text, I love the 2nd one you made, just remove the text and it will be my new backround.

it's not a bad attempt. but i'll tell you what, lose the valve, lose the text, lose the hl2 logo and the valve logo, and mirror the image so the assasin and combine appear on the other side of the screen...and then you've got yourself a wallpaper :cheers:

HmmmI'm not sure if losing the strider was best...It seemed to balance out the picture. I just tihnk something needs to be there, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Maybe try what Dedalus says....But the Valve is really the focal point and without that it wouldn't be the wallpaper it could :D

Take out all the text, and remove some of the combine guys etc. Its just too busy.

Get rid of the moss and use a different font (or remove the caption all together)

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the valve either

But the valve is the wall paper...Without it it would just be yet another generic copy, paste, blend and filter of combine pictures etc.

Perhaps though, incorporate the valve into another picture. For example, do it on a less clutered background.

if the valve is staying then it needs to be a bit smaller. right now it's like a black hole, sucking up the rest of the picture. i think if he stylises the valve a lot more it'll look more like a piece of the image rather than a photo, maybe making it cel shaded.

Possibly...Or perhaps making it into part of the background and having something else as the coloured focal point.

Back