Flare Gun is pathetic

Seems like a waste to you? I play medic very often and to tel you the truth, i always go with snipers :E The resone being is because in maps were you are on the offensive, you cant afford for your snipers to run back to get a med kit or back to resupply or anything ike that, so when someone says its a waste or should get back on a heavy, well snipers are very important on both defensive and offensive tactics. So it realy isent a waste of a medic if you think about it.

And yes i do know their alternative weapons, i honestly jest forgot about the rant me and a few others went on about that a while ago thats all.

No it's an incredible waste of a medic when there are other offensive classes out front who need the health and the ubers much more than a lone sniper does.

For instance, pyros.

You are a useless Medic if you stick to anybody. Overheal them and then switch to the next dude.

I didn't believe it until I came across it in a game. Maybe it was a couple of friends new to the game getting a feel for the ropes, but this pair was exactly as they stand here for most of the whole game. People low on health would call for medic while standing in front of him to no avail, and it became kind of a joke after a while. He did, in fact, uber the sniper as he stood there a number of times. I got this shot during spectate mode after dying.

Later, they were found both as medics healing each other in the sewers. I'd say that it's a waste of a medic if he only pays attention to one class, regardless of what class it is; it's called team fortress.

I love the flare gun... almost as good as having my trusty incendiary cannon back. :p

How can you not find setting people on fire from a huge distance useful? Certainly miles better than having that stupid, useless ****ing shotgun for a secondary weapon (durrrr I can shoot people underwater where I shouldn't go anyway... oh and helps rarely for finishing off burning scouts... big ****ing deal). Plus it goes well with the AXTINGUISHER! Pop 'em with a flare, work your way up... AXTINGUISH!

So yeah, good way to tell a noob pyro is you see one with a backburner/axtinguisher and still uses a shotgun. Well, not noob... idiot.

lol you are a stupid noob.
what if u set someone fire and he starts to run away so the range of the flame thrower doesn't close enough to him? YOU USE SHOTGUN
flare gun sucks. shotgun it better

I started using the flare gun as soon as i earned it, and i feel really disabled without it. I've probably gotten less kills with it than the shotgun - but the chaos and annoyance i've caused using it is far more fun, and effective.

As it's been said, in the right hands it's a wonderful addition.

what if u set someone fire and he starts to run away so the range of the flame thrower doesn't close enough to him? YOU USE SHOTGUN

Then you retreat and find another spot. Stupid noob? GTFO.

Anybody who says the flare gun is useless just shows how much of a 'noob' they are. It has so many roles that the shotgun does not. It can make snipers retreat for a short period of time at long range so your team can advance when before they could not.

Do that with a shotgun.

The Flare Gun is honestly my favourite of the alternate class weapons so far.

I'm late to this thread because my love for TF2 comes and goes.

My only real problem with the flare gun is that it leaves you virtually defenseless in the water and it's worthless against sentries. Beyond that I love it. Part of the reason is that I'm so used to rolling sniper that I can get some pretty bitchin' shots with it, and I haven't had any problems with the damage. Even the drawbacks aren't enough to make me switch off it. Partially because lighting things on fire is just so goddamn fun.

A lot of people seem to be saying it's better or worse than the shotgun, but it's just different. The shotgun/flamethrower combo is great for medium/close range pyros. The flaregun/flamethrower combo is for those of us who want to hit things from further away and then blast people close up.

I'll be interested to see if there are multiple weapons coming out for each class after the upgrades are done. I don't really follow the game much so this may have already been confirm/denied.

In short. Flare Gun = ****ing Epic. Naysayers can stick with the shotgun and get lit on fire.

You're both an idiot, and a moron.

I name you an idiron.

Back