flashlight dont work, any ideas??

R

rRav3n!

as title says it don't work, i can press F for the light, hear the click, but no light, tried on a listen server with the flash light option on, and no luck, tried a re-install of CSS and no luck, tried verification of files and degfraing them, the option under CSS options when you right click.

anyone got any ideas on this or other people with the problem??

thanks

yeh fine in hl2 and ep1 and hl2 mods, just css

edit:

just looked in the counter strike source GCF and the file materials\effects\flashlight001.vtf and flashlight001.vmt is missing

Is it possible that you are playing on servers that don't have flashlight enabled?

yeh i thought that but then as i said in my original post i started a listen server will flashlight enabled and still had no light

verifying your css files should add it.

not to get annoyed but do people read posts, i have already done that, and re-downloaded
Glad you got it working.

You mentioned you looked in the GCF file and saw nothing it was missing but you never said you selected the 'verify' option in steam and have it redownload the file. :D

(you did get it fixed right? you didn't say it's working now so i'm asking. :p)

nope still not working, it's broke :( tried every thing above, even added the flash light file to the correct directory and it doesn't work either, ideas anyone i am open to more

works :D

many thanks dude, i'm no going to the configs to find and change commands

thanks again cause you really do need flash at certain times

dam i thought i could have told u to look at www.fpsbanana.com they have some wicked flashlight001.vmt's (lights) i use the 1up mario flashlight. its cool. it brightens my day literally... lol

Back