Forsaken Update

A

Azlan

Forsaken is a post-apocalyptic mod centered on the war between three factions fighting for power. The Governors (violent dictators), the Religious (think religious zealots with guns), and the Civilians (common peoples). They have released a nice update showcasing their enormous artistic talent tonight. [br][br]By the looks of things, they are in need of some talented mappers to create the world they have envisioned. If you are interested, please visit their website at this link.

It's looking absolutely gorgeous. Excellent player models, in particular.

wow, looks spectacular. The concept art looks cool too!

This is one of my anticipated mods. They actually look like they're getting work done.

hmmm... looks cool. ( i love media releases :p )

purdy... i was getting a bit tired of these unskinned models. It's nice for a mod to release some skinned stuff.

All the models look absolutely great, especially the character model.

Yeah its these boys that made our mod go and reskin our entire model set, X-convict and the boys are onto sumat here, the models and art are mind blowingly good, i'd say probably the best out there on a HL2 mod.

This is one of the mods im waiting for, its really amazing how good all their stuff are =)

one of the more promising mods around.
gw forsaken mod team!

i've been waiting for ages for this map to become a game...their scripts are stunning work.

Looks great. So many mods are going to come out at once its going to be insane.

Damn, I need a faster connection to download them when they come out :]. How big can a mod such as Forsaken be, anyway? The engine's already on our harddrives, so are many textures that will probably be used (well, actually I hope these will be a minority).

I love the half-naked ladies in the telephone booth. I've been to London and thats pretty realistic if you ask me :-P

simply amazing

those models are simply amazing.. the raging bull is swwweeet :smoking:

for once i'm gonna go against what everyone is saying about a mod that actually looks pretty good. you guys either think the character model(or models ... if you're looking at the website) looks good because of the skin. the model itself really isn't good, to be honest. if you go to the site and look at the wireframe, you'll notice that the polygon flow is pretty bad. i'll go so far as to say that the only model that is actually fairly competent is the "governor leader."

that being said, this mod actually looks pretty worthwhile.

I'd hit it.

Jackal: If it looks pretty skinned, but not unskinned...then it doesn't matter much to the player

Thanks guys :) We love hearing from the community and thanks for all the support. Any constructive crits would be nice to hear. :)

Jackal Hit:

Talking about this...

http://www.forsaken-game.com/gfx/content_049.jpg

First, I would like to say i've been supportive of every other mod out there including you guys. I release tutorials on working with source. I give constructive crits. If you dont have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

Second, The polyflow on the civ leader has changed quite a bit since that screegrab has been taken. It was a work in progress and still kind of is. We still have yet to see much of anything from mistmod as far as character models. You've released 2 things and both are lit smoothshaded renders. C'mon, release some well lit wireframes so we can see your polyflow. :) My suggestion to you, learn to unwrap, texture, rig, possibly even animate. Nobody in the industry is going to hire you otherwise, trust me.

Finaly, Sorry if i sound harsh. You hit a nerve. I really HATE people who will go out of their way to post useless crap about how "this model sucks" or "omg, i'm so much better". Let the people decide my friend... because thats all that really matters. Good luck on mistmod, i hope your attitude changes, because with your current one... your going to make to many enemies. Not to say that I am an enemy now... i'm just a little bit more understanding that some. ;)

n30g3n3s1s said:
Thanks guys :) We love hearing from the community and thanks for all the support. Any constructive crits would be nice to hear. :)

Critisism? None! Ok, one little retarded thing (the only thing i could actually spot when looking for "faults" in your shots)

Telephone boxes around my area dont have metal flooring (lol i hear you say) like in your screen shot. Thats it! The ONLY flaw i could see. It's more than likely the majority do have metal flooring but the ones around this village are just concrete.

I absoutely love that player model.

Edit

"Constructive" did you say? :LOL:

that phonebooth is OLD.
but everything is really good.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Nice, but the wather logo is backwards in one of the pistols.

It's on the right side, as a player you will most likely see the left side more, so the skin is simply copied on both sides, making one backwards, like when you look in the mirror. I'm sure it won't be noticeable in game.

Models look awesome. Nice job.

2Dd said:
Does it really matter if the polycount is low? Maybe theyr'e being considerate and making these models low-poly so that players aren't engaged in a lag-festival throughout their experience. So one little word of advice, KEEP YOUR GOD-DAMN THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING WORTHWHILE TO SAY. I like the way each faction is varied in this mod. I look forward to this release.

wow please reread what i posted. i said nothing about "low" i said "flow" and how there were wasted, read:extra polygons as a result.

My suggestion to you, learn to unwrap, texture, rig, possibly even animate. Nobody in the industry is going to hire you otherwise, trust me.

Finaly, Sorry if i sound harsh. You hit a nerve. I really HATE people who will go out of their way to post useless crap about how "this model sucks" or "omg, i'm so much better". Let the people decide my friend... because thats all that really matters. Good luck on mistmod, i hope your attitude changes, because with your current one... your going to make to many enemies. Not to say that I am an enemy now... i'm just a little bit more understanding that some.

okay well sorry for stating my opinion in the manner that i did, i'm pretty stressed, and have been going through critiques in all of my art classes so i've been very critical lately. but i think proper polygon flow is important, and a comment on the improper flow should be looked at as something to improve on to make your stuff that much better than everything else that's being released for the other mods. it's good to know that the polyflow has been changed a bit, not being satisfied with an initial release is an important trait, i think.

also, i am learning to unwrap, texture, rig, animate. i am currently in the process of making a short student film.

This looks really cool :D

I'm definetly gonna get this one

Jackal hit said:
wow please reread what i posted. i said nothing about "low" i said "flow" and how there were wasted, read:extra polygons as a result.

okay well sorry for stating my opinion in the manner that i did, i'm pretty stressed, and have been going through critiques in all of my art classes so i've been very critical lately. but i think proper polygon flow is important, and a comment on the improper flow should be looked at as something to improve on to make your stuff that much better than everything else that's being released for the other mods. it's good to know that the polyflow has been changed a bit, not being satisfied with an initial release is an important trait, i think.

also, i am learning to unwrap, texture, rig, animate. i am currently in the process of making a short student film.
errrrrrr, my bad. *sigh* way to go me. T_T sorry!

Jackal hit said:

All good man, I know that stuff can be hell. I always hated/loved critque day... :D

okay that was a pretty shitty apology on my part, i've had a chance to unwind a bit and de-stress. sorry about the over-assholishness of my post.

i usually look forward to crits but... 4 studio classes, critiques all on the same week. ugh.

Jackal I don't think you need to apologize for that; it's not like you attacked him by not liking the models. It's understandable that the modder might take offense to that, but that's up to him to find your comment destructive.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback guys... glad you liked the update.

and thanks to the HL2.net Admins for posting it :)

Back