found this nice fan boxart

Thats really nice, but as state already in this thread - ANYTHING is better than the official box art.

That one is a lot better most of Valves box art sucks they really undersell the game when you look at them on the shelves

I liked the one on the original HL2 box, on the inside cover especially.

Thanks people.

i swear I saw this on a thread here 2 months ago..

Yes, it's pretty old. I also made a BlackBox, Episode Two and Episode One cover.

Valve has actually contacted me about the boxarts. They said they have been fans of my package designs since they first saw them a couple months ago. :p
And they asked me if I would be interested in collaborating with them in the future on an official project. :)

Thanks people.

Yes, it's pretty old. I also made a BlackBox, Episode Two and Episode One cover.

Valve has actually contacted me about the boxarts. They said they have been fans of my package designs since they first saw them a couple months ago. :p
And they asked me if I would be interested in collaborating with them in the future on an official project. :)

Wow, that's cool.

Hmm...

Teh_Orange_Box == Good

Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work != Good

if (Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work == Good) {
valve_sales++;
}

I think the cocept of official orange box is that it shouldn't focus on EP:2. TF2 and Portal are of the same value.

Doesn't matter. The former and latter are going to link in together anywho. CS:S wasn't focussed upon in HL2, it just got a little box on the side of the case, and that was pretty big.

Hmm...

Teh_Orange_Box == Good

Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work != Good

if (Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work == Good) {
(while forSale==true)
valve_sales++;

}

Fixed. Your code gave them one extra sale.

But the art on the front of the box is from EP1.
I still really like it though, and it's awesome that Valve contacted you (creator) if they really did.

Wow, Awesome!
I like the part where it says 'PAGE NOT FOUNDED'

Fixed. Your code gave them one extra sale.

That was the point. It was to reflect me having bought it again :p.
If you want...

Code:
while (Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work == Good && Customer_Satisfaction > Original_Graphics_Work) {
 valve_sales++;
}

Although that's getting a bit convoluted...

Great work xirow!!
It's a pity all games come in those stupid DVD cases nowadays. In the past I was sometimes tempted to buy a game just for the fact that the packaging was awesome.

That was the point. It was to reflect me having bought it again :p.
If you want...

Code:
while (Teh_Orange_Box_Graphics_Work == Good && Customer_Satisfaction > Original_Graphics_Work) {
 valve_sales++;
}

Although that's getting a bit convoluted...

Not until you add pointers.

I don't think Gabe would appreciate anyone pointing at him :p

And besides, it would just become pointless...

Back