French soldiers shooting unarmed demonstrators

im with the french on this one, but based only on the videos. the vidoes were obviously shot to make the french look like the agressor... the video quickly jumps from a scene to singing and celeberation to one where the french soldier is shooting his famas (into the air? warning shots? didnt look like anybody got hit) with a situation like this you really have to be there to make an objective analysis. it then jumps to people being loaded into an (ambulence?) with generic wounds. one appears to be a gunshot, yet it doesnt show from whom or from where. there are several other gunshot victims (apparantly), yet it doesnt show from where. the french are not present in those pictures. i know how scary these types of gatherings can be, so based upon the video, i think the french were villified, and did nothing wrong that i saw.

Shad0whawk-
BTW the french army shot up a bunch of unarmed demonstrators, where is the "outrage" about that? why are we not seeing news of this plastered all over the place? and while we are along this line, where was the great outpouring of concern for the "average iraqi" when saddam was killing them by the hundreds of thousands?

I was thinking the same thing. Being a hypocrite must be a bitch.

I watched the video, you cant really make out what's happening. The soldier looks like he's shooting in the air. Cant tell waht's going on, there's no eye witness narrative and the camera shows little of what's going on.

CptStern said:
I watched the video, you cant really make out what's happening. The soldier looks like he's shooting in the air. Cant tell waht's going on, there's no eye witness narrative and the camera shows little of what's going on.

ahahahahaha I saw that coming. If it was being accused against an American you would have been on his case to no end.

no I wouldnt have. Watch the video. It's inconclusive. The soldier fires into the air

CptStern said:
no I wouldnt have. Watch the video. It's inconclusive. The soldier fires into the air

Yet you are so opportune to jump on the 'figures' that show the US killed 100,000 civilians in Iraq. Those arent conclusive, heck they were disregarding in the same article, yet you believe them. You also jumped all over the US soldier who was performing in a manner that was to be expected. I noticed you did not point out that he had been shot in the face a day earlier, nor how many terrorists play dead and kill US soldiers. As shad0whawk, a veteran, pointed out, it is better safe than sorry in such a situation.

Shad0whawk said:
.... and while we are along this line, where was the great outpouring of concern for the "average iraqi" when saddam was killing them by the hundreds of thousands?

"On the theme of US sanctions against Iraq Lesley Stahl (60 minutes) asked:

We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Madeline Albright US Secretary of State replied:

I think this is a very hard choice, but the price -- we think the price is worth it. "

source

where was the outrage?

where was the outrage?
I dont know, ask the man directly responsible for it. That would be Saddam Hussein, in case you forgot. I cant believe you are actually shifting the blame off Saddam onto the US's shoulders. If we had given him money, he would have only used it on the military anyways. See NK for an example of this. Like it or not, the US didnt create this problem, Saddam did.

seinfeldrules said:
Yet you are so opportune to jump on the 'figures' that show the US killed 100,000 civilians in Iraq. Those arent conclusive, heck they were disregarding in the same article, yet you believe them.

wrong, I have never stated I agree with the 100,000 figure. I tend to go with the far more conservative 14,000 figure ...that at least can be proved. The 100,000 is speculation but I wouldnt be surprised if it were true.

seinfeldrules said:
You also jumped all over the US soldier who was performing in a manner that was to be expected. I noticed you did not point out that he had been shot in the face a day earlier, nor how many terrorists play dead and kill US soldiers. As shad0whawk, a veteran, pointed out, it is better safe than sorry in such a situation.

that's your POV, it looked to me like he murdered him ..had he been a french soldier or a canadian or british I would have said the same thing. It had nothing to do with the fact he was american. The video no more supports the claim he was armed and dangerous than it does my claim that he was a wounded and posed no threat. It's still against international law to kill prisoners/wounded

seinfeldrules said:
I dont know, ask the man directly responsible for it. That would be Saddam Hussein, in case you forgot. I cant believe you are actually shifting the blame off Saddam onto the US's shoulders. If we had given him money, he would have only used it on the military anyways. See NK for an example of this. Like it or not, the US didnt create this problem, Saddam did.

why does Madeline Albright admit culpability by saying

"we think the price is worth it"

wrong, I have never stated I agree with the 100,000 figure. I tend to go ewith the far more conservative 14,000 ...that can be proved. The 100,000 is speculation but I wouldnt be surprised if it were true.

The thread was titled 'Civilian Casualties Reach 100,000 in Iraq', then the link was provided within. Your response...

not surprised ...I predicted it last year ..there'll be a lot more in the years to come

why does Madeline Albright admit culpability by saying
I believe she misspoke, or intended something different than what she actually said.

seinfeldrules said:
The thread was titled 'Civilian Casualties Reach 100,000 in Iraq', then the link was provided within. Your response...

that proves nothing. I said I wouldnt be surprised.

seinfeldrules said:
I believe she misspoke, or intended something different than what she actually said.

that's a pretty huge "mistake" ...nice sidestepping btw ...blinders set to stun I see :upstare:

that proves nothing. I said I wouldnt be surprised.
You wouldnt be suprised if the US commited that, but you are so much more reserved over this French. There is more evidence of the French commiting the crime than there is of 100,000 deaths, yet you seem to accept the 100k figure much more easily.

that's a pretty huge "mistake" ...nice sidestepping btw ...blinders set to stun I see

Its a sentence, everybody mispeaks. I could say the same for you with the last remark. Instead of blaming Saddam, you are blaming the US. What a shocker.

seinfeldrules said:
You wouldnt be suprised if the US commited that, but you are so much more reserved over this French. There is more evidence of the French commiting the crime than there is of 100,000 deaths, yet you seem to accept the 100k figure much more easily.

^​
|​
|​
how do you fail to see the irony?​
|​
|​
V​

seinfeldrules said:
Its a sentence, everybody mispeaks. I could say the same for you with the last remark.

how do you fail to see the irony?

I dont see how I misspoke, maybe instead of being an asshole you could point it out...

Nahhhhh. I'm sure its much more fun being an asshole. I should try it sometime.

seinfeldrules said:
I dont see how I misspoke, maybe instead of being an asshole you could point it out...

Nahhhhh. I'm sure its much more fun being an asshole. I should try it sometime.

do you have ADD?

I was pointing to the fact that you were defending Madeline albright

what the hell are you guys talking about, its totally irrelevant to the actual topic. everything always degenerates to iraq, and A DAMN DIFFERENT ADMINISTRATIONS REPRESENTATIVES quote. you dont just hate bush do you stern, you hate america, dont you?

dur dur my name is st3rdn. do you HAVE HERPEZ LOL. idiot.

do you have ADD?

I was pointing to the fact that you were defending Madeline albright

Nah, I have a case of a 'College essayitis', along with an op-ed piece due tomorrow. I leave the ADD at school.

what the hell are you guys talking about, its totally irrelevant to the actual topic. everything always degenerates to iraq, and A DAMN DIFFERENT ADMINISTRATIONS REPRESENTATIVES quote. you dont just hate bush do you stern, you hate america, dont you?

haha there is your ADD :monkee: :LOL: ;)

no thats just my tourettes acting up.

btw seinfeld, your U S A colors are red blue and white, isnt it red white and blue? traitor :E

no thats just my tourettes acting up.

btw seinfeld, your U S A colors are red blue and white, isnt it red white and blue? traitor

ahahah, damn it you discovered my true love for the French.

seinfeldrules said:
ahahah, damn it you discovered my true love for the French.
whew i thought you were being serious.

CptStern said:

and i suppose thouse dead men and women got their wounds from what? air?

the simple truth is if american troops had done this the the press would run the footage night and day, protestors would be out in the streets, and there would be hell to pay! you know it, i know it...we basically all know it(if not ADMIT it), but since it is the french(one of those "donowrong" european nations) excuses are made, the benefit of the doubt is given and no questions are asked...after all it is FRANCE and not the evil imperialist US right?

shad0hawk, im as conservative as you get. pro america, anti europe, the whole shabang. but even i see this video as being very biased. those 'dead' men and women (i saw 1, at least in video 1) could have recieved their wounds anywhere, at anytime. only 1 looked like an actual gunshot wound, and that person was very much alive. im inclined to give french soldiers the same benefit of the doubt id give american soldiers.

edit: fact is, this doesnt come from any kind of reputable source. why should i believe it anymore than i believe the bullshit that comes out of hasans mouth?

gh0st said:
shad0hawk, im as conservative as you get. pro america, anti europe, the whole shabang. but even i see this video as being very biased. those 'dead' men and women (i saw 1, at least in video 1) could have recieved their wounds anywhere, at anytime. only 1 looked like an actual gunshot wound, and that person was very much alive. im inclined to give french soldiers the same benefit of the doubt id give american soldiers.

hey we agree! well, except the conservative, pro america, anti-europe thingy ;)

gh0st said:

dur dur my name is st3rdn. do you HAVE HERPEZ LOL. idiot.

hah what a low brow attempt at humour. You patriots absolutely love it when the albright quote is brought up ..gets you all in a lather :LOL:

CptStern said:
hah what a low brow attempt at humour. You patriots absolutely love it when the albright quote is brought up ..gets you all in a lather :LOL:
all i can say is youre lucky the war of 1812 was a tie.

gh0st said:
all i can say is youre lucky the war of 1812 was a tie.

not all that surprised, I'm used to you guys sidestepping every issue

CptStern said:
not all that surprised, I'm used to you guys sidestepping every issue
i wasent aware my pitious attempt at humor was at issue, sorry.

gh0st said:

edit: fact is, this doesnt come from any kind of reputable source. why should i believe it anymore than i believe the bullshit that comes out of hasans mouth?

you must have just glanced at it, many of the same landmarks are visible, many wounded are at the same scene during the same time of day, more than one wound is an obvious gunshot wound. in parts in the video where you can SEE the french shooting the people!

CptStern said:
"On the theme of US sanctions against Iraq Lesley Stahl (60 minutes) asked:

We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Madeline Albright US Secretary of State replied:

I think this is a very hard choice, but the price -- we think the price is worth it. "

source

where was the outrage?

they were democrats right? ;)

plus can you explain to me how that was the US's fault when saddam purposefully withheld the food and medicine and kept it in warehouses for distribution mainly to baath party loyalists?

Shad0hawK said:

plus can you explain to me how that was the US's fault when saddam purposefully withheld the food and medicine and kept it in warehouses for distribution mainly to baath party loyalists?

I dont freaking care if it was the libertarian neo cons

read this slowly:

"we think the price is worth it" - Madeline Albright

seinfeldrules said:
We meaning the Administration at the time.

who cares ..stop ramming your partisan diatribe down my throat, I dont care which administration it was ..I said the US of A, not bush, not the democrats, not the republicans, not the green party: U S of A

who cares ..stop ramming your partisan diatribe down my throat, I dont care which administration it was ..I said the US of A, not bush, not the democrats, not the republicans, not the green party: U S of A

ahaha and you stop slamming your anti-US rhetoric down everybody else's throat.

Conservative = anti-european? lol, you guys are so idiotic, it's really funny. You are the guys my friends in the states always warn me of...

Anyway, just letting you know: halflife2.net is an european website, hope you don't feel filthy now...?

Shad0hawK said:

enough to feed 20 million people? that's some really big warehouses

"It's worth noting that on 60 Minutes, Albright made no attempt to deny the figure given by Stahl--a rough rendering of the preliminary estimate in a 1995 U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report that 567,000 Iraqi children under the age of five had died as a result of the sanctions."

source

Back