Friday Steam Round Up - 19/2/2010

Currently downloading AVP but is going to take 3 hours.

Shattered Horizon is certainly better with the recent patch, I enjoy now having voice comms, and not being visor shot from behind. Still lacks co-ordinated team play and in door space environments, but the all angle gameplay is certainly challenging.

Was interested in Stargate, the francise has lots of potential, but was bored watching the trailer, and the website was also un-inspiring. If anyone gets this get let me know what its like to play, maybe they are just crap at marketing.

The rest of the games looked... meh.

How do I get access to the Shattered Horizon free weekend? I can't find a proper link anywhere.

it should be in your steam games list with 1.9 days remaining.

Here are my updated thoughts on AVP:

- Single player is very good, dispite some stupid marine ai. Recommend going straight for hard instead of normal.
Just beware relying on the autosave, it only uses one slot, replay the mission or start a new game and it will be wiped.

- Multiplayer is good fun, but the match making system is slow and crappy, and dedicated servers are badly needed.
Sadly I read that apparently the xbox 360 auto aim can be enabled on PC multiplayer which some are abusing.

Back