QuakeCon 2011 Steam Sale

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score

[br]In celebration of the mega gaming event QUAKECON, Steam has started a four days of special deals.[br]

In today's deal you can save 65% on the DOOM & QUAKE Complete Pack, which now includes Quake 4. You can get the pack here for $29.99 USD.[br]

You can also get the QUAKECON Pack, a collection of all released id and Bethesda titles at over 75% off. The pack includes Brink, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas (with DLCs), The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and more.[br]

In other news The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Rage are now available for pre-purchase. You can save an additional 20% off the QuakeCon pack by pre-purchasing one of them.

hahaha quake 4 is 20 bucks.

I'd probably consider getting Quake 4 if it was $15 cheaper.

Classy Zenimax/Bethesda/Id; selling a six year old game for twenty bucks because you know TF2 players will lap it up for the promo item. That said I do mildly wish I could register my copy of Quake 4 on Steam, but I'm certainly not going to spend cash on it. The Quakecon pack may actually be worth it though even if the individual prices are terrible.

BTW full list of TF2 promos:
  • The Original; The Rocket Launcher from Quake 1 for Soldier. For buying Quake 4. (Shoots from the centre of the screen)
  • Tamrielic Relic; Helmet for Heavy for preording Skyrim.
  • Pip-Bow; Misc-slot item for Engineer for buying New Vegas. (Changes the build and destruct menus to Fallout green-screen style)
  • Anger; Hood for Sniper for buying Brink.
  • Wingstick; Misc-slot thing for Engineer for preordering Rage.

Classy Zenimax/Bethesda/Id; selling a six year old game for twenty bucks because you know TF2 players will lap it up for the promo item. That said I do mildly wish I could register my copy of Quake 4 on Steam, but I'm certainly not going to spend cash on it.

To be fair, that Quakecon pack for 69.99 is a steal.

Definitely going to wait for a price drop on Skyrim. PC games never used to be the same price as console games.

Skyrim for 30€ during Christmas Sales, thank you. :) Anyways, is Brink worth 25€? Downloading it to test it this weekend, but I'd love to see your opinions. A better question would be 'What is more worth for 25€ that Brink?' actually.

Edit: Skyrim is 49,90€ in Europe. Is this our payback for overpriced games?

Maybe if I didn't own every game worth a damn in the pack... (and a couple that aren't)

Haha, I like how today's deal is the same exact deal that has been going on for the past two days...

Anyways, I should start playing Brink again since they added the free DLC.

Back