Fun being a medic.

Rixil

Reaction score
I love being a medic, i always have people call for a medic even though they aren't hurt, i assume they want me to follow them with my healing powers.

Well a HWguy asked for me, so i kept him maxed on health, he charged the enemy head on and we went into uber. We killed everyone in the area and captured a point by ourselves.

However this was a rare moment, most of the time i can't get uber fast enough, and the HWguy was a lucky shot, cause he aimed perfectly at point-blank. He would have been killed by a sniper if he didnt shoot him first when i lost uber.

Heh, fun stuff.

I hate being a medic because you basically have a giant red target painted on your ass and forehead. You attract spies like gnats on week-old pizza. Not to mention I find most of my teamates are too dumb to capitalize on an uber. I don't know how many times I've ubered a heavy to have him retreat back into our base.

I love the medic. In reality spies aren't much of a problem unless your an idiot medic who just stands there. Just keep moving and jumping around, a spy will pretty much miss and then I get to kill him, but I usually end up chasing him with the syringe gun into enemy territory... It does feel good when you can pretty much win the game, one game on dustbowl another medic ubered and capped the first point but I kept going, ubered and capped the second, with my whole team behind me. lots of fun.

I almost never uber though since I'm always waiting for the perfect time, then I die.

The feeling of using the winning UBAR to help your team break out of a heavily defended point is awesome.

I like playing medic because it really gives you the sense that you are helping your team out immensely.

I hate being a medic because you basically have a giant red target painted on your ass and forehead. You attract spies like gnats on week-old pizza. Not to mention I find most of my teamates are too dumb to capitalize on an uber. I don't know how many times I've ubered a heavy to have him retreat back into our base.

As a HWGuy I hate when some medic starts complaining because they didn't ask if I had enough ammo to go offensive because they were too ignorant to ask if I was ready for the uber. We only have 200 bullets, and if I'm not fighting, it's usually because I'm heading back to an ammo pick-up.

Being a medic, I love it. I ALWAYS go for heavies I know, Sam-2k and Kadayi are both great, and both look out for the medic. I rarely get killed by spies more than once, as soon as I know they are they, I jump and run like mad. Heavy medic is the best combo in the game, for a 2 man rush, and the medic is the less common half. I'll gladly do the job :)

I like how as a medic you're usually able to influence how other people play. I get a kick out of that.

And the feeling that without you the team wouldn't have won :)

Love playing the medic, although after 50 hours of it, I only play if my team is losing bad (not that I don't enjoy it, but wanna get some points with other classes).

Basically, the medic can make the biggest difference to a game. For example, on well, a good medic will boost the health of 3-4 teammates just before the doors open and then stick with 1 or 2 players keeping their health constantly up. That way, my team has a big health advantage going into the crucial middle point.

One mistake I see beginner medics make is that they stick insanely close to the people they are healing. Know the range of the healing gun (which is quite long) and try to max it out always. Also, don't always be focused on the player you're healing, but look around for spies and other players. Lastly, always tell the player you are healing when you are moving on, especially in the heat of battle, so he knows to be cautious.

Indeed.

ctf2fort0062my2.jpg

ctf2fort0063wj8.jpg

One of my best tf2 experience :LOL:

I only play medic. I've tried others to see how they play, but that's about it. When I'm on a server, I'll figure out who knows how to work with a medic and who doesn't and, unless there's a serious offensive push where I'm just healing everyone running back from the front lines with their health in the single digits, I'll tend to go after the guy who knows what he's doing. For example, unless you're ubered, you're not invincible. Do not walk into the line of fire of a level 2 or higher sentry to try to take it out for extended periods of time. If you let your health go down to zero over the course of several seconds without taking time to let your health catch up and you die, you're probably not on the list. I will usually tell the people on my team to call me even if they don't need health if they're about to make a push - don't wait until you're getting torn up to call for a medic, because it'll usually be too late. If there are three soldiers and one medic, only one soldier needs to shoot himself to get the uber up quicker - if you're on the other side of the room shooting yourself and there's no medic healing you, you should probably stop (although it is funny when you die). As a medic, you should expect to get punked a lot, because any relatively experienced player facing a medic- combo will go for the medic first. This isn't a bad thing if it keeps your host alive long enough to take out the enemy stronghold, but often it's just frustrating. Watch your back at all times - if you don't have a pyro on spy duty and you're keeping a heavy alive when you see someone come up behind you, you have to decide to either stop healing to do a spy check (which will probably result in the death of the heavy) or to take your chances that he's legit and risk the both of you dying. If you find a host that listens to you when you say 'incoming spy', and he pulls out of the line of fire to take care of it (or to let you handle it while he's out) is quite rare: find these people and stick with them. Pay no attention to complaints that you turned on your uber early - we see things all the time that the hosts don't and I'd rather 'waste' an uber to keep us both alive when the demo coming in at 9 o'clock has incoming sticky bombs than hope that we can take the hit and still take him out (or I take a hit and my health is in the single digits - there's no uber if I'm dead). Again, if you find a host that listens to you, stick with them.

I'm actually glad few people play the medic - more than two on a team usually winds up being too many I think.

One mistake I see beginner medics make is that they stick insanely close to the people they are healing. Know the range of the healing gun (which is quite long) and try to max it out always. Also, don't always be focused on the player you're healing, but look around for spies and other players. Lastly, always tell the player you are healing when you are moving on, especially in the heat of battle, so he knows to be cautious.

Wise words. If I'm a soldier / heavy with a medic with me, and the medic stays back, a pyro won't be able to come close to killing either of us.

I've always loved playing the medic, even during the original Quake days it was my class of choice.

In the original while not healing up others I loved hacking people with the axe.

In Classic, they were the second fastest class and had the second largest arsenal. I would routinely conc myself up to the stratosphere on 2fort, and land on a sniper before medpacking him to death.

In 2, being next to a HW with one creates an unstoppable offense team when Uber powered.

Yup I like playing pyro wand when you are keeping your patient on safe distance pyro wont kill you...

I have the most time being a medic than any other class, mainly cause a lot of servers i join no one plays the medic, but when i become a medic i make a difference, even though i'm not whacking individuals i still help.

That big knife the medic has, is that a Amputee saw?

Also the pyro:

"Incoming!" "WRRRRrrrrr!!"

I actually don't like healing heavies that much. It's much more fun healing pyros and letting them burn the entire team.

Back