Futurama is Back

Just caught up myself.

The last episode really was a banger. This show has really come into its own. I mean to say, it has stepped up to a whole new caliber. Really hilarious; the characters really have character, not just some Fighter/Ninja/Wizard shite, but real character. (I'm over-tired, sorry if that doesn't agree)

The thing is though, right as they pop the most hilarious shit and I'm rolling big-time, they go into some seriously depressing shit. I'm not sure if this is every episode, but I can't remember one where it didn't. This must be the style Groening likes, and it's part of the thing, but for me, it's a real downer. Still watch, and still enjoy it, but damn. I watch the show to laugh and feel better. My life is shit. If I want to be sad, I'll watch the news or something.

It sort of pulls me out of the immersion to be jerked like that. I'm laughing hard and can't wait to see what happens next, and suddenly, one of the characters is dead or something and the violins play . WTF.

Thats what makes the show great, and what sets itself apart from every other comedy cartoon. Without the serious undertones it would just be another Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park. The reason why I love the show so much is that its hilarious at the same time as being intelligent and profound.

I've been listening to Futurama at work recently. One season every day. Once I finish them all, I'm going to scramble it up.

And then I might listen to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia while at work.

Listening to these things while doing data entry is surprisingly manageable, even for someone as terrible at multitasking and prone to distractions as me.

That's a nice idea Raz.

Hey, I used to listen to my TV while I did other stuff all day. But that's a waste of power.

Hooray For Zoidberg!! Comedy Central Orders 26 More Episodes of FUTURAMA!!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48993
Comedy Central just confirmed what Katey Sagal told us last month: “Futurama” is going back into production.
The channel just ordered 26 new episodes that will be spread over 2012 and 2013. These 26 do not count the already ordered 13 episodes that begin airing this June.
Confusingly, nobody seems quite sure if a Comedy Central season of the series constitutes 13 or 26 episodes. (I’m guessing 13. “South Park’s” seasons typically constitute 14 episodes per year; seven in the spring and seven in the fall.) If this summer’s batch is season seven, then perhaps Comedy Central just ordered seasons eight and nine. The DVDs for last summer’s batch of episodes are labeled “Volume 5.”
Find all of Entertainment Weekly’s story on the matter here.

Pretty much figured there would be another season, but I'm glad to see that its confirmed.

Nice, I just started watching the whole series again. I still need to buy the box set to support the show. I've been cheap and just used netflix to stream them. Looking forward to the new season this June, I'm still just so glad this show is back.

They really hit their stride with the last half of that half-season. 'The Late Philip J Fry' easily ranks with the best of the old show (I would have thought 'In The Year 2525' was beyond parody). They need to lose the faddish jokes though. 'Susan Boil'? Yeah, people are going to remember who the **** she was a year later, aren't they?

Back