Gabe's original easter egg

MAx

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, Gabe told us we never found those easter eggs in the e3-videos. Has he said what they were (and if that's the case, link?), or is it about that he told the community?

Your search button find didn't find anything worth finding. Try using your mad skills to actually find something useful...or, how bout this. Shut up and let the guy post what he wants.

Timech

IonizeMyAtoms said:
You're just a regular wannabe moderator aren't ya?

Yeah... :p

But seriously, it's tiresome to wade through pages and pages filled with the same stuff everyday, so if we just answer each question that has already been answered multiple times with "use the search button" (or even be nice enough to actually include the answer like I do), the user won't (or at least that's the theory ;)) post such a question again without using the search button :)

In theory, after a while, things should clear up. It might not be a pretty sight answering "use the search button" everywhere, but it's in favor for a better future ;)

timech187 said:
Your search button find didn't find anything worth finding. Try using your mad skills to actually find something useful...or, how bout this. Shut up and let the guy post what he wants.

Timech

Notice that my answer actually contains a link to what I found with the search button. And for the rest, see above.

You know what is funny.

last time I had a question and I searched, I found a thread where they told to use search ffs.

So next thread: use search ffs
etc etc.

Thanks to use the search ffs posts I don't use search anymore, because 9 out of 10 threads say use the search ffs.

Because joep there are literally a thousand threads around here with the same thing, so we say gooo search!

"Shut up and let the guy post what he wants."

Hey guys, I want to post goatse and racist junk. So why don't you sit your fat ass down and take it timech187, you bloody idiot.

Why do people insist on typing their names out at the bottom of their messages, I assume anyone with half a brain would see the big bold(ish) name at the top of the post. I am really just wondering

-Kommie out <---(SEE WTF IS WITH THAT?)

aerasal said:
i am champion of this thread

No, i am. So there.

Can't actually make out what the supposed Easter egg is. If it's meant to be one then it's crap.

MAx said:
If I'm not wrong, Gabe told us we never found those easter eggs in the e3-videos. Has he said what they were (and if that's the case, link?), or is it about that he told the community?
If at all i would guess he has hidden some pix with a now famous pirate key which got some ppl banned :D

Wow, people, this is sad...

Anyway, Gabe himself said that the easteregg '03 thing was a PLOY to keep us occupied.

Sad, but true.

joepjens said:
You know what is funny.

last time I had a question and I searched, I found a thread where they told to use search ffs.

So next thread: use search ffs
etc etc.

Thanks to use the search ffs posts I don't use search anymore, because 9 out of 10 threads say use the search ffs.

try search for a word something diferent.
dont type search in search then yes you find my post to
containing search :p

vegeta897 said:
Anyway, Gabe himself said that the easteregg '03 thing was a PLOY to keep us occupied.

Really!? I was seeking the damn thing, i lost sleep over it and a few pounds. AH. AH. AH. Very funny Gabe! ;(

DeltaBlast said:
Yeah... :p

But seriously, it's tiresome to wade through pages and pages filled with the same stuff everyday, so if we just answer each question that has already been answered multiple times with "use the search button" (or even be nice enough to actually include the answer like I do), the user won't (or at least that's the theory ;)) post such a question again without using the search button :)

In theory, after a while, things should clear up. It might not be a pretty sight answering "use the search button" everywhere, but it's in favor for a better future ;)

Notice that my answer actually contains a link to what I found with the search button. And for the rest, see above.

Agreed.

Yes.

Chiefi said:
Really!? I was seeking the damn thing, i lost sleep over it and a few pounds. AH. AH. AH. Very funny Gabe! ;(

This is who Gabe Newel is.... An uneducated slimy lieing fat man. The Half life 2 team made the game what it is. All Gabe did was whine and make up lies that hurt the product overall..... It amazes me people laud him like some super hero... He makes me sick.

I know it's annoying to see the same question everytime. I know search is a valid option and that it should be used.

But if people only tell to use search, than some flames, the thread doesn't have an answer (this time it did, because he said use search next time here is what your looking for, very friendly and the way to do it). So than you have to go threw multiple threads without an answer and only people flamming about search and that kinda crap.

Next time do give an answer and say search (wich happened here), so that people that actually search can find it and dont have to go threw alot of flamewar threads.

Rellik Restam said:
This is who Gabe Newel is.... An uneducated slimy lieing fat man. The Half life 2 team made the game what it is. All Gabe did was whine and make up lies that hurt the product overall..... It amazes me people laud him like some super hero... He makes me sick.

Well actually if it wasn't for Gabe, there wouldn't have even been a HL1, much less a HL2. So I'd say there's nothing wrong with praising him and what he's done.

miked4o7 said:
Well actually if it wasn't for Gabe, there wouldn't have even been a HL1, much less a HL2. So I'd say there's nothing wrong with praising him and what he's done.

and don't forget he's the guy that sorts the shit out, keeps his team going and organises everyone as a group.

I'd say he has the hardest most versatile job at valve, everyone else knows what they're doing etc.. he has to make sure they're doing it right, to the right standard and happily,

HE DA MAN!

also i doubt we'd have hl2 or hl3 without him, there's just too much stacked against them

Back