Game Came with No Product Code

R

RedSwirl

I bought Half-Life 2 Episode One probably a couple months ago from EB and have only just now gotten the chance to actually open the box and install the game. Now though, I find that there is no Product Code inside the box.

The only things I got when I bought the game were the box, the disc inside, a blank white card on the inside of the box, and the system requirements on a sticker on the bottom of the box.

Is there any way to work around this and still be able to play this copy of the game?

Should be on the quick reference card :/

There is no quick reference card.

When I opened the box, there was the disc and a blank white sheet of paper.

Somebody stole it!

Sue sue sue! Someone also stole my Czero product key too when i was 9 :( i had nothing in it :(

If you still have the receipt, return to EB.

This might've been easier had you checked straight out of the store though. :(

Just went back and tried to get another copy. None of EB's copies of the game had CD keys in them.

You should complain to EB about it.

Or email Valve about it, including details on the EB shop.

Someone who bought the orange box should give him your copy of Episode one (if you have it). It'd be nice.

If you're not going to buy the Orange Box, then I can send you the copy of Episode 1 I got with it. You'd need to wait until at least October 10th though.

The brotherhood of the H L 2 Net!

Is the transfer or the "presents" easy to use?

I was always planning to get Orange Box. It's just that since the computer I currently play Half-Life on isn't my own, my only other choice would be to buy it on the PS3... which it doesn't come out on until December.

How would the whole "giving Episode One" thing work though?

GAME did that to me when i bought Episode 1 luckily i opened it before i left the store since i thought it was strange why they removed the plastic wrapper and sure enough the quick reference card was missing. I had to spend half an hour arguing with with the shop assistant who kept insisting it's not needed and i don't need to register the game.
If your going to buy any game ALWAYS check that it's fine BEFORE you leave the store that way they can't bullshit you.

I bought Half-Life 2 Episode One probably a couple months ago from EB and have only just now gotten the chance to actually open the box and install the game. Now though, I find that there is no Product Code inside the box.

The only things I got when I bought the game were the box, the disc inside, a blank white card on the inside of the box, and the system requirements on a sticker on the bottom of the box.

Is there any way to work around this and still be able to play this copy of the game?
Yeah, there's a way around it. It's called "Buy the damn game instead of trying to download it from your favorite warez site, dumbass!"

Shut up, Mountain Man. Don't jump to the freaking conclusion that he pirated it. Now, if he comes in here saying that the game doesn't work and that he downloaded it from his favorite warez site that always works fo him, then you can start yelling.He did buy it. He already explained that.
Once when I was in EB buying Two Worlds, They had forgotten to put the disc in it. Good thing I opened it before going home..
EB sucks. But the games they carry is just awesome, and they are usually the only ones to carry certain limited editions..

Back