Game of the Year Again

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite possibly something I'll never get tired of letting you guys know about. Half-Life 2 has once again won a Game of the Year award, this time from DriverHeaven.
Half-Life 2 wins the poll by a significant margin which is no surprise to us all. All the qualities of a outstanding game was evident in Half-Life 2 and the members of DH clearly felt that those qualities were enough to propel it towards Game of The Year status. [br]
[br]
Congratulations and thanks go out to Valve! We all look forward to Half-Life 3!
This might not come as a surprise to some seeing as DriverHeaven is catered mainly for PC users, but with a massive 70% (119 votes), Half-Life 2 is once again the winner.[br]
[br]
For more information or to make a comment visit the original thread here.[br]Thanks goes to our forum member GonzoBabbleshit for sending in the news! If you find any Game of the Year awards that we've missed, or indeed any other news, please contact us on [email protected].

ok, starting to get goty stuff from very tiny sites. I mean they have a right to do it, but i think doubt alot of these smaller sites have the staff or the resources to test EVERY GAME, which i think is essential before giving any one goty. You jsut can't say "hey this is my favorite game" these places need the resources to test them all. best pc game of the year prolly, but goty is really tough to accomplish considering what you get with hl2 out of the box and its lack of replay value. i wish they had alot cooler game modes, using vehicles and such in them, larger map sizes, would make mp hellafun. but thats why the good lord makes modders ;)

polyguns said:
ok, starting to get goty stuff from very tiny sites. I mean they have a right to do it, but i think doubt alot of these smaller sites have the staff or the resources to test EVERY GAME, which i think is essential before giving any one goty. You jsut can't say "hey this is my favorite game" these places need the resources to test them all. best pc game of the year prolly, but goty is really tough to accomplish considering what you get with hl2 out of the box and its lack of replay value. i wish they had alot cooler game modes, using vehicles and such in them, larger map sizes, would make mp hellafun. but thats why the good lord makes modders ;)
It was voted for by the users... I'd say that's enough.

Chris_D said:
It was voted for by the users... I'd say that's enough.

Exactly. Actual users opinions matter more than random reviewers for magazines, or on-line sites.

So how many "Game of the Year" awards does this make for HL2?

Tr0n said:
So how many "Game of the Year" awards does this make for HL2?
Good question, I'm gonna get an Awards page up that will have a definitive list.

Chris_D said:
Good question, I'm gonna get an Awards page up that will have a definitive list.
Thank'ya sir.

a whole 119 votes...

wow

I am now sure that Halo 2(Greatest Rival of HL2... I think) cant win against HL2.

i dunno, i mean, i know i couldn't honestly vote for goty myself, ive only played hl2 and halo 2 among the top dogs. Not played gta, or wow, or fable, or spiderman 2, or any cool games.
nope, you can't go by votes either, totally unscientific, you have no idea if there mere fanbois, and the vast majority of people in the hl2w community are insane fanbois, plus of coiurse pc gamers are gonna be more suade to the side of hl2, cause its a pc fps.
i dunno, i mena they have the right to do it, it jsut seems hl2.net is looking for any goty award to give to hl2 they can, cause it didn't win the awards from the big dogs who actually tested all the games.
hl2 = great game, prolly not goty, prolly woulda been back in 2k3 tho

polyguns said:
ok, starting to get goty stuff from very tiny sites.

I just awarded HL2 the GOTY from my blog :D :D

deekey777 said:
I voted for Far Cry. :cheese:
maybe for engine of the year, but hl2 was more fun of a game, tho fc came with better mp imho

polyguns said:
maybe for engine of the year, but hl2 was more fun of a game, tho fc came with better mp imho

No, the reason for my decision was, that so many people have voted for HL2. So I voted with my heart. :E

gh0st said:
FC actually CAME with multiplayer. Id say its sort of a given.
So did HL2!!!OMG!!!
You just had to wait two weeksOMG

lol,i was considering cs s, which blew, maybe it was cool years ago, but was such a disapointment for me whose never played cs before source.
i considered dm too, but the 2 maps that came with it blow seriously, there are some really fun maps ive played tho

Back