Game reduced Wii price

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
I got an e-mail this morning from Game, I was excited, they already e-mailed me to say that I couldn't get it on the release date, so I was hoping I was going to get told in the e-mail I could.

Instead it was a price drop, cool! Until I looked at it twice:

We are delighted to inform you that we have been able to reduce the selling price of White Wii Console with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to 219.98 GBP

By 1 penny. I can't believe they e-mailed everyone to say that? They are even refunding it to my credit card, lol. Anyone else pre-order from game and get this? :D

I got an e-mail this morning from Game, I was excited, they already e-mailed me to say that I couldn't get it on the release date, so I was hoping I was going to get told in the e-mail I could.

Instead it was a price drop, cool! Until I looked at it twice:

By 1 penny. I can't believe they e-mailed everyone to say that? They are even refunding it to my credit card, lol. Anyone else pre-order from game and get this? :D

Effort? lol, what was there motivation behind this? Just simply advertising?

Well it's a step in the right direction! :)

It's like the way that guy on bash got the cheque for 10 cents.

Look after the pounds and the pennies can go f**k themselves...

oh wait...

Pre-orderd it, about the 12th of November. I think. :(

that's hillarious..probably just advertising I guess.

i per-oredered mine about two weeks ago, maybe less, and even though i'm not getting it on the 8th or 9th i'm guaranteed one before christmas. whoo!

Getting mine next Friday from in-store. Going to sprint it down to town during lunch before all the wii, little kiddies get there and spend lots of time and money purchasing away. Then scream with happiness a bit. Then go home. Then scream with happiness some more.

1p? Hell, i wouldnt complain. Thats 1 more p toward something else right?

If you had all the 1ps in the world, youd be a millionaire, so start a '1p pot'!

What is 1p when the damned thing costs 2/3rd of the price in Japan and only a little over that in the US?

the uk is an expensive place, we just have to deal with that. plus the japanese don't get wii sports bundled with it.

the uk is an expensive place, we just have to deal with that. plus the japanese don't get wii sports bundled with it.
Something tells me that sales of Wii sports wouldn't be too substantial if it wasn't bundled with consoles, and the game isn't exactly worth £65 extra. Wii actually interests me at a £120 price point... how easy and expensive is it to import a foreign wii atm?

They wasted valuable typing-time to send you people that?
Haha... Atleast Wal-Mart at most decreases the price by 10p.

Less than a minute to type the message, then a mail-merge. *shrug* Not long.

i pre ordered a wii but i didn't get an email. possible because my r's look like v's and there are r's in my email address. well, one r.

wow you brits are really liking this "1penny" refund lol

i don't think i got it. also one thing i'm actually wondering. are there going to be discount bundles? like zelda bundles with a wii for slightly cheaper than them both separately. the thing is, i pre ordered those two things, but will i have to pay the full separate prices?

i don't think i got it. also one thing i'm actually wondering. are there going to be discount bundles? like zelda bundles with a wii for slightly cheaper than them both separately. the thing is, i pre ordered those two things, but will i have to pay the full separate prices?

At Argos, you get £10 off if you order a game and the Wii at the same time.

Back