Game Server Admins Wanted

Onions

Reaction score
Halflife2.net is currently looking for a number of responsible Halflife2.net Counter-Strike: Source gaming server administrators.

Your role will be to keep an eye on our public servers which are soon to expand. Duties will involve regular policing and enforcing the server Code of Conduct by warning players or removing them from the server if necessary. It’s not a cushy power job – it takes up a fair amount of time and there’s our public database of offenders that needs to be kept accurate and up to date as well.

You won’t get a steady pay check or hordes of free stuff by doing this but it’s a nice way of giving back to the Half-Life 2 community and ensuring a happy friendly gaming environment for all.

This recruitment will be going on indefinately. All applications are considered each time we need to recruit, so if you apply now and don't hear anything, you may in the future when we need some more admins.

Requirements:

- Mature, level headed and fair
- Adapt at using rcon
- Extensive experience in Half-Life based games
- Competent user of computers and IRC
- Willingness to admin 1 match a week during leagues
- Willing to idle in IRC channels
- Helpful to people who need it
- Time to play on the servers on a regular basis and patrol

Please apply by email to [email protected] with:

Your email:
Your current age:
Your STEAM_ID (we love our background checks):
Your forum username:
Your in-game name:
Any previous experience:
Why you want to become a server admin:
Any other information that may be relevant to this application:

now who would want to do a thing like that?

Damned! Munro was doing it first, then it changed to you, onions! Bah. can't you just ask Munro for my application?

*If I'm wrong and I applied to you, then feel free to thwack me with a blunt instrument*

Don't worry dekstar, Munro forwarded me on all applications :)

Including mine? ;) Also, how will you tell the person you accepted they're in? PM? Email?

Edit: Also, I might have had trouble with the STEAM_ID part, because I thought my username was my steam ID. don't know how to get it through steam, if it's that number thingy.

type status in the console and look for something staring with STEAM next to your name.

i'd like to to become an admin for a HL2.net server but after reading those requirements, i don't think i have as much time for all of the things listed.
main concern being the "willingness to admin 1 match a week" thing...because i do have 2 jobs now :(

oh well..

i wrote that email a week ago or so and got no answer yet. does that mean im out?

I applied, and as far as I know, I meet all requirements and I can play a lot too. I've even got experience.

okay i fit all the criteria, u know im trustworthy ;) so pm me if im in :D

edit: well, i emailed u ne ways

dekstar said:
Including mine? ;) Also, how will you tell the person you accepted they're in? PM? Email?

Edit: Also, I might have had trouble with the STEAM_ID part, because I thought my username was my steam ID. don't know how to get it through steam, if it's that number thingy.
wow ur qualified for being an admin...don't even know how to get a steam ID...u planned on banning how...? ya well...

If you still need admins I would be glad to help. I admin my own CS:S server.......which used to be a CS server. Had it for quite a while now. 2+ years with one company & like another year with my provider now.

BigWalnutZ said:
wow ur qualified for being an admin...don't even know how to get a steam ID...u planned on banning how...? ya well...

Actually at the moment there's an exploit in Counter-strike: Source that allows any banned user to instantly create a new, and original, steam ID, and then log back into the same server. And that's why I didn't know about banning - I didn't learn. I know pretty much everything else, except maybe things like turning off microphones for the whole server.

Dekstar has to learn that the awm is a normal weapon and stop whining when he gets shot with it before he becomes an admin. ;)

i've retired, all applications will be forwarded on to munro

stinger.aim92 said:
Dekstar has to learn that the awm is a normal weapon and stop whining when he gets shot with it before he becomes an admin. ;)

Bah! normal weapon my foot! Stupid noobs who can't use a scout.

[joke]I tell you, when I get admin, I'll first be banning all Para's with insta-ban ifg I see someone using one, and also, AWM's will be an insta-warning, then kick if I see them using it again.

Infact, killing me will be an insta-ban. I am the ruler.

[/joke]

:D

any weapon in cs is ok and allowed...i hate when ppl complain about autosniper users or campers....

btw. munro or some admin, could you tell us who has been chosen? thank you

I'm already a server admin on my 100mbit and it gets tough after a while. Dunno about this server though, maybe I'll apply in a couple months.

bi0h4z4rd said:
I'm already a server admin on my 100mbit and it gets tough after a while. Dunno about this server though, maybe I'll apply in a couple months.

Will this be after you've actually got a legitimate version of CS:Source?

I'm not trying to be a nagging son of a bitch, buuuuutt.... what's the status and all?

Yeah, every day I see abusers on the servers, i appreciate it takes a lot of time to proccess these applications and all but whilst it takes this time, people are allowed to run riot on the servers.

I saw a speedhacker yesterday or the day before. If you just ask them nicely, they'll give up. If they don't, status in the console, and show them their steam ID's. That'll get rid of them.

I think I would make a good admin, I've admined a couple od sites before and I am an admin over at another server, I could admin for Half-Life2.net as well. Shoot me an e-mail if you decide to have me.:8

Anyone? Honestly, I think I'd make a good admin. I've been adminning my own server for a while, moderating forums, administrating forums, etc. I know how to handle the responsibility.

And I'm not too bad at playing CS:S either :)

I think I would make a good admin but my track record on the forums isn't so pretty but hey, what the hell.

Wiegje:

CS:S ability is irrelevant. As an admin, you get worse. Mainly because while you're banning someone via the console, you've been knifed in the back of the head. Or you have to go spectator to view a suspected cheater.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Wiegje:

CS:S ability is irrelevant. As an admin, you get worse. Mainly because while you're banning someone via the console, you've been knifed in the back of the head. Or you have to go spectator to view a suspected cheater.
I know, only forming an objective and being able to take appropriate action against certain offenses is needed, and of course responsibility, but I guess that's basically the same.

Anyway, I think I do not only speak for myself, but also for the dozen other people who applied that we'd like some clarification on the subject. I know this isn't the only thing that people have to do around here, but it's been almost 2 weeks now and to be honest, the playing atmosphere in the servers have been going downhill; people are starting to act like jerks, starting to speedhack, spam etc. This is something that cannot be avoided once the servers get more and more popular by the day.

I'll give Munro a nudge.

Tickle his belly with a feather, nobody can stand that!

Threaten to eat his Cat.

(He'll never sacrifice his cat, I guarantee!)

I take it no admins are needed anymore since the topic has been taken from it's sticky?

Back