Gameplay sheds light on the UK and Europe Half-Life 2 version situation

Axyon

Reaction score
In a thread on our very own forum, Gameplay.co.uk's sales supervisor informs us on what different versions of Half-Life 2 there will be in the United Kingdom and Europe. It seems that there will, in fact, be two versions, not three:
"As of today there are 2 versions of HL2 in the pipeline (for the UK and Europe);
a DVD cased product confirmed as being SP/MP with Mods and a Collectors Edition.
The CE is expected to be in the same vein as the other CEs that Vivendi have produced... Game + loads of other bits and pieces, like t-shirts, books, posters, etc and these products have in the past always been more expensive than the equivalent solus product, infact we've heard that it could be between £65 & £100 as it's meant to be over $100 in the US."
He also goes on to explain how the Collectors Edition of the game has no set release date at the moment, but they will inform us as soon as they hear otherwise.

100$ now this CE better be a very good one.

damn over 100 bucks O_O???

i dunno why but the regular SP/MP one (not special edition) is starting to appeal to me more. ;x

i thought it was gonna be like 65-85 dollars, but 100+? damn i need to get some money ;x

BUT BTU I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!!! BUAAAAAAH;(

i bet you can expect the t-shirt on ebay for like 10 bucks after hl2 is out..

i think ill just get the 49.99 mp/sp version. but then again ill wait to see the official US price on the CE version, and see what it comes with. ( i really want the 1 dvd rather then 3-4 cds).

Personally, I'm good with a bunch of CDs and £30-odd to spend on other fun stuff.
Like DX2. Or drink at Uni. Or gig tickets.
Rather than a t-shirt I won't wear, a poster I won't put up, etc.

£65 = €92.47
£100 = €142.29

:flame: :flame:
Isn't it a little expensive? :| I know it's the CE version but... my god... other games are CE too and cheaper :|
Probably, it's cheaper to get some HL2 shirt from wherever or a poster and buy the normal game :D

Originally posted by SpaNsK
£65 = €92.47
£100 = €142.29

:flame: :flame:
Isn't it a little expensive? :| I know it's the CE version but... my god... other games are CE too and cheaper :|
Probably, it's cheaper to get some HL2 shirt from wherever or a poster and buy the normal game :D

exactly what im thinking :cool:

As long as it is released on 30th September who cares how much it costs?

:eek:.. that's pretty much money. i thought it would be cost 70 € or something like that.
first i considered to buy the collector's edition but if it'll be so expensive, i probably won't buy it.

thanks for the clue, x84D80Yx. :)

may be i will purchase by a auction the hl2 t - shirt, the poster or whatever the collector's edition will be included via ebay. :thumbs:

u better don't believe it ! 90€ sounds almost funny.
if it indeed costs this much i think ist a very stupid move from valve or universal

All we know is the price, you don't even know what you'd be paying for. That's like saying "I'd NEVER pay 100 dollars for a box full of gold, no matter how vaulable that gold was!" Why don't you, like, wait until you find out what Valve is trying to sell you for $140 bucks before you decide you won't buy it. Sheesh.

WAAA

:eek: £65 FOR HL2 DAMN its worth it but loads of money:flame:

holy shit, 92€ for the simple SP/MP Version? I don't think so...worst case: the SP-only is a fullprice-product...that'd be very mean. HL lives of his MP (for almost 5 years now), if they make it that expensive, nobody would buy it...lets hope the european price scale is like

Sp-only 25-30€
SP/MP 45-50€ (still a shitload of money...we were down to 60 DM before the euro came!)
Collectors edition 80-100€ (depends on the features...maybe a making-of CD/DVD, additional levels, mods, TF2, CS2, you name it)

Originally posted by dscowboy
All we know is the price, you don't even know what you'd be paying for. That's like saying "I'd NEVER pay 100 dollars for a box full of gold, no matter how vaulable that gold was!" Why don't you, like, wait until you find out what Valve is trying to sell you for $140 bucks before you decide you won't buy it. Sheesh.

i guess you didnt read my second post on this thread ...

i dunno what your trying to prove posting here like your smarter than all of us, we are trying to keep it as positive as we can with this crazy price, but people like you just hurt the cause ;)

kthxbye :D

Originally posted by Slug
Dudes, this guys could easily be some idiot getting a thrill

No, it's genuine. Some members of our staff even know Communal Toilet.

Back