Gamestop Reveal Left 4 Dead Demo Details

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Gamestop have provided a date when you can expect to be able to play a demo version of Left 4 Dead when pre-ordering the game.
Reserve Left for Dead and receive early access to the demo. The early access will start on 11/6/08 and will end on 11/11/08. Offer valid only while supplies last.

Not confirmed by Valve yet, but they must have got this information somewhere. Regardless if you buy through Steam or Retail, the dates are likely to be the same. So next Thursday...we could be playing Left 4 Dead. See source here.

I'm still confused about why they would not choose to launch the demo on halloween.

I'm still confused about why they would not choose to launch the demo on halloween.

It is almost certainly to do with the way Microsoft organises releases on xboxLive, the Mirrors Edge demo comes out on the same day.

****, that's later than I would've hoped for.

Hopefully it's earlier than that. :(

Point of interest. When you go to the code page, you can select which platform to use, Xbox360 gives the date Nov 6th to Nov 11th, however the PC version gives the dates October 31st to November 7th.

So there is a small possibility it could be out this week for PC...

I pre-ordered L4D a month ago, how will I get the info to get into the demo?

"Offer valid only while supplies last."

What does that mean? If you preorder aren't you guaranteed to be able to play the demo?

Oh, so it's limited, and you won't be certain of a place? That sucks...

The offer to play it before everyone else, perhaps?

I'm happy that it's actually not coming out on Halloween because you wont have time to play it while handing out candy. I hope the demo is released at dinner time because I'm skipping a day of work on Nov. 19th. ;) Five full days of vacation and L4D! :bounce:

Ehh.. so when is the demo coming out for those that don't pre-order?

Some time within the next two weeks we'll have a demo.

Just pre-purchased.

My Zombie fetish of being eaten alive will soon be fulfilled.

Back