'Gay Baby' Article Angers Both Sides

Going by the trends so far, it's only a matter of time before God is reduced by his own followers into some kind of vague and meaningless Gaia-force, and from there it's a hop, skip and jump to complete obsolescence.
OR the world becomes an Orwellian nightmare where religious nutjobs send their kids to religious schools where they learn creationism and other shit, while the atheists are suppressed and driven to extinction. :p

Unlikely. That assumes that the majority of christians living in the good ol' decadent west would sacrifice their most obvious material comforts for a life of biblical literalism.

All indications point to that being the opposite of what will happen.

Who the f*** cares if someone prefers the company of someone of the same sex? Why do these fundies give a s***? Is it their ridiculous bible? Shouldn't they be calling for slavery and the stoning of adulterers as well then? What possible different do gay people make to them? Are they afraid that a homosexual may try to pick them up and they'll like it?

That was a lot of questions. Probably won't get any answers.

well if your actually wondering . Christians don't follow the laws of moses today because jesus came as a "sacrifice" that would fulfill all of the OT (old testament) laws forever so people wouldnt have to live by them but by the NT(new testament) laws and the 10 commandments......

ATM it is more of a leep of faith to suggest that your sexual orientation is anything but predetermined. Remember we can now manipulate the sexual orientation of fruit flies, and i predict in the future we will be able to do the same to
do you have any links to the research ? .

if science was to actually prove beyond reasonable doubt that a gay gene actually exists Christians would either a) label it as a conspiracy/hoax/myth , b) invent their own crappy theory (ID for example) like blaming it on the sins of the parents or c) restructure their religion around it , there are Christian denominations that accept homosexuality.

The Old Testament actually still applies today if you follow the Bible's internal logic.

im fairly sure that it doesnt .
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"
most christians take that to mean that all the requirements of jewish law were met by his sacrifice. which is why his desciples dont follow them after his death as seen in Acts.

That just means his disciples were retarded and/or paying him lip service.

in bible logic it means that the OT doesnt apply. in reality i have no idea about what it means, i dont really believe in God but i havent the slightest clue about how the bible and other religions came to be.

im fairly sure that it doesnt .
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

The OT laws are pretty much valid until the end of our time, or more specifically until God decides to pull the plug on everything.

yeah i read that part . but its up to interpretation and if it isnt then why do the desciples ignore the OT laws?.

yeah i read that part . but its up to interpretation and if it isnt then why do the desciples ignore the OT laws?.

If you mean the apostles, they were granted specific clearance by Jesus. God grants the same protection to Moses and others over the course of the bible, but unless god visits you personally, you are screwed.

If you mean christians in general, the reality is that all christians actually worship Paul, who the bible identifies as a false prophet.
Paul is the guy who invented the idea of "interpreting" laws as if they were poetry or something.
His claims directly contradict Jesus - and contradicting Jesus, according to god himself, is definite proof of false prophecy.
(False prophecy is evil enough to be a capital offense, according to god.)

Even if the god didn't tell us Paul is a false prophet... since when are god's perfect laws up to interpretation by fallible man?

If you don't treat the bible as literally as possible, you are guaranteed to follow at least one law incorrectly, which means you go to hell.
Jesus also said this in the bible.

So the question boils down to whether or not you believe Jesus tells the truth.
The reality is that no-one does.

Back