GC 2006 \\ Episode Two Trailer released

BEST TRAILER EVER!!! Although there are a few spoilers..

HOLY ! SHIT ! MOTHER OF ****ING GOD ! THE HOLY HELL OH SHIT ! ****ING BBQ ! INSANE ! CANT ! BREATH ! HEART IS NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT WORKING ! A[okcOP}Awefdj_}AQ#J#(WYQhu_+q}aW0prh}da"i:H'Nl skjndF;aouwiyaw:)j*ohkFKJ

SPAZED OUT MY FINGERS HURT!

did it look like they revamped the shadow system to anyone? I could have sworn that when gordon shone his flashlight on the mini-strider it cast a shadow on the ceiling and adjacent wall.

Yes, it appears that they did. I thought I even noticed some self shadowing, but that could have been wishfull thinking.

dog vs strider omg

kleiner rotfl

and the way gman look at us after talking to alyx...

this trailer made my day

Three words come apparant right now

OH
MY
GOD

!!!!!!

One part of me's afraid that EP2 won't live up to its hype, but my other half has faith and says OMFG AWESOME.
OMFG AWESOME.
OMFG AWESOME.
OMFG AWESOME.
OMFG AWESOME.
OMFG AWESOME.

Go second me!

i loved the trailer! However...It looked Cut-Scene like. Now i know in Hl2 there wont be cutscenes. So when we play this game, will we see all of these scenes from FPS? i know sounds like a simple question. But when u watch the trailer alot of the scenes werent First Person

They are just camera work to show off some spectacular effects/new stuff.

o ok cool.

Also when you all say SELF SHADOWS...do you mean Gordons shadow? Or player shadows? Cause i swear in HL2 and HL2-EP1 there r NPC shadows?

o ok cool.

Also when you all say SELF SHADOWS...do you mean Gordons shadow? Or player shadows? Cause i swear in HL2 and HL2-EP1 there r NPC shadows?

It means casting a shadow on itself. For example, at the end, when Kleiner's shadow casts along his body.

Confirmed. Look closely, and you will see that the Hunter casts a shadow to the wall and ceiling. But its more obvious in the end. WTF? Yes, look as the sparks ignite. You can see that below the waist of Kleiner, the shadow of the console is cast.
OMFG
YES!!!!

Hi-res Half-Life 2: Episode Two G-man, Gordon & Alyx :naughty: by Major Dump, if the Trailer is too dull.

Kudos to Major.Dump :thumbs:

ep2wallpapereh7.jpg

Can you just provide a link instead?

The whole damn screen is stretched, and it's not terribly convinient.

I dont want to watch because of spoilers, but like, how big are the spoilers? I wanna save the "ZOMG HOLY SHIT, THIS CANT BE REAL, OMFG ROFL!!!" reaction to when i actually play the game.

I dont want to watch because of spoilers, but like, how big are the spoilers? I wanna save the "ZOMG HOLY SHIT, THIS CANT BE REAL, OMFG ROFL!!!" reaction to when i actually play the game.

Dont worry it doesn't really ruin anything as Valve are very cautious about revealing too much, when you play through the scenes you play again anyway, you get the same reaction as when you watch the trailer, only 10x more:D

Awsome pick there blitz, LOVELY graphics!

Back